More Goose Pastrami and Swiss Cheese Snack Sticks...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Cleaned up 20# of goose breasts from my recent hunt in Kansas (26 breasts; so 13 geese). Trimmed of tough connective tissue and all fat.
IMG_20221215_212300.jpg

Then mixed up the cure rub and applied evenly.
IMG_20221215_214033.jpg

IMG_20221215_214753.jpg

Got them in a SS chaffing pan in the fridge to cure for 3-4 days, then it's stick stuffing time....stay tuned....

Looking good Keith!!
I’m watching! I miss the popcorn eating emoj
I don't miss the emoji and it sounds like you're mossing a cold 12-pack. I got mine and the popcorn...even without the emoji :emoji_laughing:
This work for ya Jed!
You best be careful Ryan. Keith will turn that deer into sausage in a NY minute!!

Robert

You got it going on, Keith!!
I gotta make sticks with these goose breasts.....had so much goose meat it would not all fit in the freezers! LOL! Have had a good hunting season so far and freezers are filling up now. Don't know what I'm gonna do if I get a call from my buddy asking if I want a wild hog!! LOL!

I gotta make sticks with these goose breasts.....had so much goose meat it would not all fit in the freezers! LOL! Have had a good hunting season so far and freezers are filling up now. Don't know what I'm gonna do if I get a call from my buddy asking if I want a wild hog!! LOL!
That's a lot of goose meat!! You can send me the hog.... lol. Question, I'm wondering why you cure the goose whole muscle instead of ground?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky