• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

More Cooper

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Cooper is the best American Cheese I have had since the Government Cheese of the 70's...JJ

oregon smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2007
is cooper a local legend such as Bandon and Tillamook out this way? not heard of it

thanks,

Tom

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011

Cooper is the best American Cheese I have had since the Government Cheese of the 70's...JJ
I remember the Government cheese, cant get that any where now can you ??

Lookin good Nepas

Last edited:

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011

I remember the Government cheese, cant get that any where now can you ??

Lookin good Nepas
That Gov Cheese was a program to help the Dairy industry and provide food for senior citizens and low income families. I once read a gov spec on how it was to be made, % Cheddar and such. It is my understanding that Food Pantries around the country for low income folks still has cheese but I doubt after 40 years it is the same spec. Cooper Sharp Cheese is available in some areas outside of PA. Here is a link to search in your area. It is really is much better than most brands of American Cheese although I find Land o' Lakes a good alternative however it is not as Sharp and bold flavored as Cooper...JJ

http://www.coopercheese.com/ProductLocator

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Been with the flu for few days after smoking cooper. Here is the resting pic.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.