more buckie............

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 13, 2009
az
@ $.99/lb ya can't go wrong.................

seasoned and cure applied and will "swim" for 10 days...........

0c7b662a_IMGP0982.jpg

after an hour soak in ice water, into the smoker with maple and hickory.............

5758cb3e_IMGP1007.jpg

after 6hrs or so...........

6d8d3b8f_IMGP1010.jpg

thx for lookin'.................

Looks fantastic Rob. You do a nice job of boning out those shoulders! What kind of temps do you get in the smoker with both those AMSs running? Do you take your bb to specific temp or just smoke it till it looks good?

Waiting for the ginsu pics to follow.  Man I have been to his house twice and I still have not tasted this stuff, so I have my own in the fridge ready to smoke tomorrow.

Waiting for the ginsu pics to follow.  Man I have been to his house twice and I still have not tasted this stuff, so I have my own in the fridge ready to smoke tomorrow.

He hides it from you.

Looks good Rob.

pete, this time i started it with no heat and then at the end i ran it up to 150-155 internal. the smoker prolly is 120ish in the sun an then i turn on the burner and get around 225.

gary, i gotta go up north to close dounf my mom's place for the winter so i'll proly slice it on wed......try maple on yers.

brian...................SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_cool.gif

Now you really have my mouth watering there Rob. I have run slap out of my bacon too. I have to go and get some more bellies and I think that i will do some BB also this time. I have enough cure to cure maybe 1-2 hundred pounds now. So I guess it's off to the butcher and pick me out some bellies.

Looks real good Rob.. Nice slicing as usual too..

When do ya suppose Food City will have butts on sale again? I didn't make it there the last time..

Last edited:
Looks real good Rob.. Nice slicing as usual too..

When do ya suppose Food City will have butts on sale again? I didn't make it there the last time..
Yup - Mr Ginsu / Slicer was at it again. Great job Rob. Next time I come over I need a slicing lesson for sure. 

pete, they are on right now until tues for @.99/lb bone in shoulder roast......go git'em

good idea RB...i'll try to remember next time...................

gary, gary, gary..........................if you show up with one of these, i'll teach ya, my young chapulin

52fb824e_sombrero-straw-mexican-hat.jpg

Rob

I can get you a cigar like that but I have seen you and aint no way your GF is going to let you wear that hat
85b8eb7c_noidea1.gif

i gotz da ceegar..........i needz me da hat!

BBB is addicting!

Easy to make and great to eat.

Speaking of it, I'm gonna take some out for breakfast tomorrow.

Great Job Rob!!

What sawdust did you use?  Maple?  Apple?

TJ

What sawdust did you use?  Maple?  Apple?

i used maple in the big one and hickory in the small one and i will say that this is some of the best tasting BBB i have made so far..................

Hey Rob,

How about a WIKI on "How to Debone and Butterfly A Pork Shoulder"???

TJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky