Mopping Sauce Recipe Using Woody’s Cook-in’ Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mgent

Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
I’m really grasping at straws here but my late grandfather, who got me interested in smoking meats, used a mopping sauce that he created with Woody’s Cook-in’ Sauce as the base. Nobody in my family has the recipe but I remember the flavor being so rich and nice. I’m wanting to use it as a mopping sauce when I smoke beef & pork mainly. Wondering if anyone might know of or have a mopping/basting recipe handy that uses this sauce. Thank you
0EBB692B-CECC-4BD5-99CD-DD142A9BA122.jpeg

I’m really grasping at straws here but my late grandfather, who got me interested in smoking meats, used a mopping sauce that he created with Woody’s Cook-in’ Sauce as the base. Nobody in my family has the recipe but I remember the flavor being so rich and nice. I’m wanting to use it as a mopping sauce when I smoke beef & pork mainly. Wondering if anyone might know of or have a mopping/basting recipe handy that uses this sauce. Thank you
View attachment 497250

Welcome to SMF!

Here you go ... https://woodysbbqpantry.com/user_recipes/

Reactions: mgent
OK4dodA.jpg
In 1976 I worked all summer with a welder whose nickname was Super Chef. In those days all of us had little grills on our trucks that were made from line pipe, and we would cook most every day at lunch. Anyways, Super Chef introduced me to Woody's , he sometimes thinned it with beer, and sometimes would marinate meats in a bag for several hours, pork steaks were great when marinated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky