Moose Hot Dogs (pic heavy)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice Moose!
This.....

Oh I recently did some moose cooking from a buddies moose and thought I would share.... All three preparations were very tasty!

Reactions: auerjr
Oh, Man those look Amazing. I too have never had Moose. I'm thinking they'd go great alongside a Moosehead beer and some Moose Tracks for dessert, lol. Great Job!!!

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I can't say that I have ever eaten moose, but I'd be all over those dogs. Fantastic work!

Oh, Man those look Amazing. I too have never had Moose. I'm thinking they'd go great alongside a Moosehead beer and some Moose Tracks for dessert, lol. Great Job!!!
Ill have to track down some moosehead beer and try it out!

Magnificent animal
I was fortunate enough to harvest a nice bull last September! Lots of good meat!
Where did you get in the hunt?
The're on the comeback again in Minnesota. Doubt I will ever get in the lottery. This wintering in Florida cuts out most of the big game hunting.

Magnificent animal

Where did you get in the hunt?
The're on the comeback again in Minnesota. Doubt I will ever get in the lottery. This wintering in Florida cuts out most of the big game hunting.
interior of Alaska

Nice batch!!!

==============================================

Taste like chicken. 🤣
Moose tastes very similar to their cousins, caribou.
OK, most of you have not experienced that wonder meat, either.
Oh you sheltered people.
A rich incomparable flavor similar to beef, but then again not beef.

auerjr auerjr
My preference for hot dogs would be beef fat. Not a criticism, but my preference. Beef fat is a higher temperature ingredient. It withstands the grilling temps better on the grill when cooking as a comparable hot dog.
I also prefer hot dogs in the 32mm hog size. Anything less feels as a snack sick in the bun.

Great looking dogs for sure. I know I would love those.

Moose is my favorite meat roasted, fried, stewed etc.

As for the Moosehead Beer, Was bottled here in Town , but now in New Brunswick.
Shipped all over Canada , USA, and some other countries.

David

Moose tastes very similar to their cousins, caribou.
OK, most of you have not experienced that wonder meat, either.
Oh you sheltered people.
A rich incomparable flavor similar to beef, but then again not beef.

auerjr auerjr
My preference for hot dogs would be beef fat. Not a criticism, but my preference. Beef fat is a higher temperature ingredient. It withstands the grilling temps better on the grill when cooking as a comparable hot dog.
I also prefer hot dogs in the 32mm hog size. Anything less feels as a snack sick in the bun.
I will have to give a try for the next batch. thanks for the idea!

Reactions: Fueling Around
25lb batch of moose hot dogs /17lbs moose trim, 8lbs pork trim/fat / PS blue ribbon wiener seasoning / 2.5% binder

View attachment 689830View attachment 689831View attachment 689832

LEM stuffer with 32-35 MM hog casings
View attachment 689833View attachment 689834View attachment 689835View attachment 689836 into the refrigerator over night
View attachment 689837 smoked with cherry till internal temp of 135* - than into souse vide for the finish
View attachment 689838 View attachment 689839View attachment 689840
meater plus probe to monitor temperate - IN temp dropped to 125* before going into 145* water.
22min to go from 125* to 145* - pasteurization at 145*=3min.
When IN temp got to 145* set timer for 45min (just to be on the safe side)
View attachment 689841View attachment 689842

into the sink for a cold-water shower (10min for IN temp to drop below 100*).

Thanks for looking!
Hot dogs are on my long list of things to try! Nice work!
Never saw so many Moose as I did in Alaska.
I thought we had lots deer, until I saw how many Moose they have haha. They are pretty serious about it, and the "road kill" list for getting one.

There is some serious AWESOMENESS going on in your thread auerjr auerjr !
Great hunt, moose and dogs! You had me at moose weiners...........

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky