Midnight Snack Thread!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What is delivery? Asking from the sticks
hahaha, I always pick up, that way I can make sure it is correct. Given current restaurant prices, I try to rarely order in or go out. Although my wife does not agree, I can't stand eating out, paying 5X what it costs for me to make a way better meal at home.

• Sad
Reactions: chilerelleno
I can't stand eating out, paying 5X what it costs for me to make a way better meal at home.
I hear ya!

That prime rib meal I made last week, cost me right at $250 for the groceries... FJB!
Figure eight people at a very nice restaurant at $80.-$100. a head, plus tax/tip, $900.-$1120.
And that's with no alcohol.
None of us drink, but I know what it cost.
$300.+ for a mix of beer and cocktails or $550.-$600+ for two bottles of a 'real nice' Cabernet Sauvignon or a Super Tuscan that befits the meal.

Reactions: indaswamp
My entry (2-part)...
Ice cream if I'm hungry. Bourbon if I just can't sleep.

As cool as this thread my be, I'm with Al here. Can't remember the last time I was up this late. Been getting up between 3:00 and 3:30 every morning for years and the body is just in tune with it.

Robert
You get up by 3.30? I would be back in bed by noon every day if I did that. If I am out of bed by 9 am during the work week I consider that a success...lol

This week it's been Honey Crisps that we all picked last weekend. IMG_20220919_105356213~2.jpg

I spray half of a paper towel on a paper plate with water and then roll up 2 bun length Oscar Meyer hotdogs in it. Then spray all the dry parts of the paper towels. Into the microwave for 80 seconds.

Meanwhile get out a couple of slices of rye bread and squirt a line of brown mustard down the middle. When the 80 sec are up, unwrap the hot hotdogs and put each of them on one of the rye bread slices. Fold the rye bread around the hotdog and Bob's your uncle,

Got home from combining earlier this week and had fresh made goulash, and boy was it good! Except it was midnight and I called it supper instead lol.

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky