• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Midnight Snack Thread!

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Post 'em if ya got 'em!!

Here is my entry.....5 month aged Nduja on a hot piece of toast!
IMG_20220917_003728.jpg

Heavenly!!! Pop it back in the toaster for about 10 seconds with the Nduja to warm it up to room temp. and melt the fat slightly for full flavor. I could eat that until I am sick!

negolien

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2020
My late-night snack is usually a salad or a ham or salami sandwich for lunch O.o due to it being morning for me as a night working dude

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Post 'em if ya got 'em!!

Here is my entry.....5 month aged Nduja on a hot piece of toast!
View attachment 643792
Heavenly!!! Pop it back in the toaster for about 10 seconds with the Nduja to warm it up to room temp. and melt the fat slightly for full flavor. I could eat that until I am sick!
I bought some nduja long ago when you had a post about it. Stuffed it inside chicken for a super chicken parm. Phenomenal. Does nduja require fermentation?

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Does nduja require fermentation?
Yes, it does require fermentation. But I have seen recipes with and without culture added. This salami has so much fat added that it really does not have to lose a lot of water before it is shelf stable. And when that fat starts breaking down....Oh man! The complex buttery, nutty (hints of pistachio and cashew, and hazelnut), savory umami.....and it just melts in your mouth! So good!

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Nduja. I have Calabrian ancestry, and I've never heard of it or tasted it. Heck, I even had to look up how to say it (n-Dul-ya). Sounds like a planet in Star Wars.

Time to remedy that nduja hole in my ancestry. I've gotta make it.

BTW, my midnight snack is usually biltong or jerky. I find that carbs keep me awake.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Nduja. I have Calabrian ancestry, and I've never heard of it or tasted it. Heck, I even had to look up how to say it (n-Dul-ya). Sounds like a planet in Star Wars.

Time to remedy that nduja hole in my ancestry. I've gotta make it.

BTW, my midnight snack is usually biltong or jerky. I find that carbs keep me awake.
You can case this in umai bags and dry in the fridge if you do not have a maturing chamber....

checkdude

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2016
Hmm. Good thick slice of dark rye bread slathered with rendered pork fat and slices of raw onion generously sated and healthy glass of whisky is my weakness.if I'm lucky I have some crackling to add.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.