MES30 PID question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
I am going to be adding a Auber wifi pid controller to my MES30. Will the default Bradley settings be fine or should I run the auto tune?

Will the element be plugged directly into the back of the Auber PID? by passing all of the MES30's circuitry? What settings was your MES30 set at? What did you normally smoke with your MES30?

Last edited:
What settings was your MES30 set at? What did you normally smoke with your MES30?
I don't understand your first question. The way I read the Auber product description it is pre programmed for a Bradley smoker. I am asking should I run the auto tune to calibrate it to the MES or are the default Bradley setting acceptable. As far as what I smoke I smoke anything from cheese to sausage, butt and chicken.

I would run the auto tune. Doing a pork butt will give you a long smoke and a good time to do auto tune. At least that's what tallbm tallbm told me when I first got my auber.

Ryan

I am going to be adding a Auber wifi pid controller to my MES30. Will the default Bradley settings be fine or should I run the auto tune?

The Bradley settings may work since both the MES30 and the Bradley are 800W elements and similar in size... I think.

Did you do the simple rewire to your MES30 so it will work with an Auber PID? If not you will need to do this, its cutting 4 wire ends and splicing to make 2 wires. You can see a lot of details and write ups on it here:

I apparently gave Brokenhandle Brokenhandle some decent advice at one point hahaha.
You can get a pork butt and smoke it with the stock Bradley settings and if it behaves well getting up to temp, not overshooting too badly, and then holding temp all during the first 3 hours of the smoke the you are likely good to go.
If not you can run the Autotune and that may work for you. Autotune takes a little time so having a pork butt going which does not care what temp it is smoked it is a good load to work with and it will come out well as long as you pull it when it is tender... which takes many hours so you have lots of time ot try things with the autotune and your stock settings.

I hope this info helps :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky