MES with Broiler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’ll have to make a choice... sell a once used electric smoker and buy a 18” Weber or keep the MB and learn to work with it.
I have a gen 1 30 I bought in 2013 . Not real happy at first , today I'd hate to be without it . I did the Auber controller and re wire with help from tallbm and others . Made it into a awesome smoker . I did use mine , stock for 4 years or so , without issue . You just need to understand what to expect . Take some time to learn it and look into the controller switch over .

I should also have noted I can barely read the dimly lit display. I wrote MB three days ago and thought I’d hear from them, but crickets so far.
If you messenger MB on their FB page, that is the fastest response.

Thanks for that advice. I sold a 22” Weber bullet to buy a MB. I’m getting older and it was difficult to lift the barrel off the22 to load it. I was quite disappointed with the MB I bought. Uneven temps, low smoke and a controller that shows temps higher than actual read from a known good digital thermometer. I’m not sure I can figure a pid out but may have to try. I once owned a pellet smoker and just didn’t like the oil flavor from the pellets. I’ll have to make a choice... sell a once used electric smoker and buy a 18” Weber or keep the MB and learn to work with it.

I was initially disappointed with the amount of smoke I got from my MES. I added the amaz-n-smoking tube after recommendation from my smoking forum buds, and I've been quite happy with it. Temperature swings dont bother me much, but I've never independently measured it. The tube changed my MB smoking dynamics for the better. With the tube, I pretty much set the temperature, get the tube going then it's on autopilot.

I wish you luck because I know it is frustrating.

I was initially disappointed with the amount of smoke I got from my MES. I added the amaz-n-smoking tube after recommendation from my smoking forum buds, and I've been quite happy with it. Temperature swings dont bother me much, but I've never independently measured it. The tube changed my MB smoking dynamics for the better. With the tube, I pretty much set the temperature, get the tube going then it's on autopilot.

I wish you luck because I know it is frustrating.

I had trouble with the Tube putting out too much Smoke.
Been having Perfect service with the Tray "AMNPS" for 9 years now.

Bear

I just purchased the MES with bluetooth and broiler. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Does anyone have experience with this smoker? Seems like a it would work for chicken leg quarters, ribs and a few other things I finish on the grill.

I read about something like that one coming up---Back about 2 years ago, but I never saw one.
It think it was something like a Model #440???

Bear

I should also have noted I can barely read the dimly lit display. I wrote MB three days ago and thought I’d hear from them, but crickets so far.
Some said the Lowe's dual exhaust controller is hard to read because of the angle. If you have this one try different angles
One guy brings his inside in between smokes and mounted it on wood at a better viewing angle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky