MES ... I hate you

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That sounds like a Gen 1, but I am no expert.

One more bit of advice, place your smoker on some sort of table. I fine a cheap used bedside table works good and is cheap. Get one you can saw legs off to adjust the height lower if needed.

Then move your mailbox lower. The draft from the mailbox to the smoker is as important as the one out the discharge.

Elevate the smoker, lower the mailbox, add a bit on length to the smoker discharge and I think your AMPs will draw an excellent draft. I think it will cure all your problems.

By seeing your location, you gotta realize we are going to lose the ability to cold smoke soon if not already. Unless you have a walk in cooler to use your smoker in. <Chuckles>

MES temps have a notorious temp. history. But I am sure you are smart enough to offset  the difference when setting up for a smoke. Its not NASA, they are Chinese built, they are like hand grenades.

Oh my! It works!!!
After a year of crappy chip loader smoke my chimney and mailbox mod works!
Still mad a $400 smoker doesn't burn decent.

Glad it worked out for you.  Now you add more toys to your collection but I know what you mean that when you buy something you want it to work well without mods. 

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.......  Ha ha...how many times do you hear that?

Glad it worked out for you.  Now you add more toys to your collection but I know what you mean that when you buy something you want it to work well without mods. 

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.......  Ha ha...how many times do you hear that?
th_roflmao.gif

Oh my! It works!!!
After a year of crappy chip loader smoke my chimney and mailbox mod works!
Still mad a $400 smoker doesn't burn decent.
It's certainly FRUSTRATING to purchase anything and it does not work without modification

In the "Rush To Market", I think many manufacturers skip the testing process

Yes, it's sad that you had to modify your smoker to get it to work properly, but look at it this way........

At Least you're Using Your Smoker Instead of It Sitting in a Corner Collecting Dust!

Happy Smokin'!

Reactions: beuler

It's certainly FRUSTRATING to purchase anything and it does not work without modification

In the "Rush To Market", I think many manufacturers skip the testing process

Yes, it's sad that you had to modify your smoker to get it to work properly, but look at it this way........

At Least you're Using Your Smoker Instead of It Sitting in a Corner Collecting Dust!

Happy Smokin'!
Thanks Todd!  I am so Frikin excited to try it out again Saturday!

Your Q-Matz are awesome also!  Just soak em in the sink for a bit and they scrub clean.

There's nothing worse than having a new toy, and it's not what you expected

Glad you back in the game!

QMATZ can also go in the dishwasher

Reactions: beuler
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky