MES 40 with Remote (Christmas Present)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow, nice smoker.  Nice pics of the home too.
Thanks Werdwolf,

Bear

Wow Bear what a great Christmas gift. Momma Bear must have done a good job with the son
biggrin.gif
LOL---Yup, she did a great job!

Thanks Gary,

Bear

Anyone in the Wichita, KS area that is interested in this smoker; they are in stock at Sam's Club. I just saw them this Saturday and they had about 5 of them on the floor. MES 40 with wireless remote , wheels on the back, Stainless steel on all sides, price $298.98.

Anyone in the Wichita, KS area that is interested in this smoker; they are in stock at Sam's Club. I just saw them this Saturday and they had about 5 of them on the floor. MES 40 with wireless remote , wheels on the back, Stainless steel on all sides, price $298.98.

You should check that again. The one all Sam's Clubs sells is black on the outside walls & top, for $298.

Model number ends with #211. Everything else is the same.

The all SS model ends with #311.

Bear

Coacher72

I live in Wichita,Ks

Was that at the East or West side Sam's?

I was in the East side Sam's last week and took pictures of the new 40''

Bear is correct the Sam's model 20070211 is black on the sides with a stainless steel door/with window.

As of right now i can only find the all stainless model at Cabela's model 20070311

Coacher72

As of right now i can only find the all stainless model at Cabela's model 20070311
That's because you didn't look on my front porch!

LOL Just bragging a little---I finally got it! 
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

I'm a happy Pup  Old Guy!

Bear

That's because you didn't look on my front porch!

LOL Just bragging a little---I finally got it! 
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

I'm a happy Pup  Old Guy!

Bear
Bear

OK or you could just go over to bears front porch and see if he will sell you his.
biggrin.gif

Very doubtful. If you do I here he has some killer guard Bears so look out.

Bear

OK or you could just go over to bears front porch and see if he will sell you his.
biggrin.gif

Very doubtful. If you do I here he has some killer guard Bears so look out.
LOL---They are all very well behaved, except the 7' Grizzly, who usually stands between my garage doors. He gets into my beer supply, and even I don't trust him when he's loaded!  
eek.gif

All you normally have to do if he comes at you is make a noise like a chainsaw. That turns him into a quivering mass of White Pine!

Bear

just saw this.....congrats on the nice smoker s well as the fine boy!

Love the Leyland Cypress out front. I planted 20 of them in the back. They grow really fast too. Down side is they are not the most sturdy evergreens around.

Love the Leyland Cypress out front. I planted 20 of them in the back. They grow really fast too. Down side is they are not the most sturdy evergreens around.
You recognized them!!!!!

I wasn't sure they'd work, but they have really done well. They are really for down south. I read that they grow 4' per year in Texas. They grew about a foot each of the first couple years here. Then about 2' per year since. I got them to block our house from the road "fast", plus they don't scratch the hell out of you when you mow around them, like a spruce!  I'm very happy with them, but so are the big Buck that patrol the area at night. Two of them have been severely rubbed a number of times since I planted them.

On edit---I guess a squirrel could recognize just about any tree???

Bear

Someone hid this post from me. Congrats on the new smoker, ya got a fine son there Bear.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Thanks meateater,

We can say we are definitely proud of him.

Last edited:
How did I miss this before?  LOL!  Mrs. Bear is a patient woman, but then it looks like she has a little addiction of her own? perhaps to fabric?  Congrats again!

How did I miss this before?  LOL!  Mrs. Bear is a patient woman, but then it looks like she has a little addiction of her own? perhaps to fabric?  Congrats again!

How 'bout those darn baskets!

I like to tease her, and tell her she can get the same thing at "Wicky Wacky Wicker World" for 5 bucks a piece!

Bear

BTW:  31 days after I bought this smoker from Cabela's for $399, they had a sale on them at $349.

I called them, and they put $50 back onto my credit card.

Bear

Congratulations on the new smoker, Bear!  And the way you got it begins to restore my faith in Christmas.
biggrin.gif

Congratulations on the new smoker, Bear!  And the way you got it begins to restore my faith in Christmas.
biggrin.gif

Thanks Bassman.

I bought my son an MES 30 last year for Christmas.

It turned out to be one of the first ones that had the smoking problem, but it was before they knew what the problem was. I figured it was that new chip drawer, because my older MES 30 worked fine, but the girls answering the phone at Masterbuilt didn't believe me, and at that time they only had things like Extension cord use, and soak your wood chips on their list of answers for customers. This was before "MBtechguy" arrived on the scene. Well anyway, my son went to Cabela's to see if all of their MES 30s had the same chip drawer that didn't work. They did, but an MES 40 followed him home. He took the MES 30 back to Cabela's awhile later.

So now they give FREE upgrades for that chip drawer problem---LOL---Not "extension cord use" and "soaking your chips" lessons.

Now there is an MES 40 at each end of the driveway, and usually a hint of blue smoke in the air.

Bear

I've been looking all over for this smoker, It's not on Cabela's website, or on Sam's. I emailed Masterbuilt to ask them. They don't even have it on their site.

Al,

You have to call Cabela's, and talk to somebody in the department that sells the smokers.

Below is what they have on their web site. It only shows the 40" MES that is black on the outside, except for the door.

That is what their site had on it when I went to the Cabela's in PA, but they actually had "49" ALL stainless steel (inside & out) 40" MES with the remote control.

It seems the only ones who know it are the guys who are standing right in front of them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Masterbuilt-Electric-Smokehouse-with-Window/1008588.uts

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky