MES 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingmymeat

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Angel Fire, NM.--9000ft.
Going to buy this one today. My question is Good, Bad, Other. I live at 9000ft.

It's a lot of work using my horizontal. It's hard to plan ahead, you never know

what the day you plan to smoke will be. Last winter I had to alter my smoke

a couple of days. Keeping the heat up is real tough when it's warm. Yes,

I'm a rookie that's still learning. So electric seems the way to go. I learnded that here thank you. This one

seems like a good choice. Any help from you all would be great!

I have the 40 and love it they are very easy to use and a great smoker.
welcome1.gif

thanks guys, I'm heading home tommorrow from a fishing trip on the texas coast and the 30

is across the street and a 40 is about 45 min. away, wife doesn't eat meat, and I'm

cleaning camper/boat so I hope that the 30 will work out. Otherwise I would take your advise Al.

thanks again

I have a 30...it works great!!

Get an AMAZEN and you are set..

Run my handle thru the search tool and you can see all the great food I have made in the little guy..

Craig

Excellent choice! I put wheels on mine and added a tile to the rt rear above the chip box like some of the others here had done and I love it! Check out the MES forums for helpful tips, suggestions and the great advice members have posted on SMF. Just reading them helped me out a bunch and I can use all the help I can get....
ROTF.gif

thanks guys, I'm heading home tommorrow from a fishing trip on the texas coast and the 30

is across the street and a 40 is about 45 min. away, wife doesn't eat meat, and I'm

cleaning camper/boat so I hope that the 30 will work out. Otherwise I would take your advise Al.

thanks again
I just bought the 30 and it will serve all your needs.  I LOVE mine!!!!

I loved my MES 30 for a whole year, but then it shrank, and I had to get the MES 40.

Hopefully that won't happen to yours.

I think it's the Pork Fat that made it shrink, so you might want to keep pork fat away from it.   
biggrin.gif

Bear

Just got back from Lowes, and my $200 bucks have gone "UP IN SMOKE". {HAR...HAR...HAR}   Sorry, couldn't help it. Picked up some

Cowboy lump charcoal to take home for my SFB's. I've been reading about it here at SMF. Hope this will help me some. I haven't got squadueche where

I live. I'll be checking out your pics FPNMF. Thanks for the support guys. Are you all ready for the next question?

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky