• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

MES 30

smokingmymeat

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 22, 2011
Going to buy this one today. My question is Good, Bad, Other. I live at 9000ft.

It's a lot of work using my horizontal. It's hard to plan ahead, you never know

what the day you plan to smoke will be. Last winter I had to alter my smoke

a couple of days. Keeping the heat up is real tough when it's warm. Yes,

I'm a rookie that's still learning. So electric seems the way to go. I learnded that here thank you. This one

seems like a good choice. Any help from you all would be great!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
MES is a great smoker, if you can afford the 40", that's what I would get.

fife

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 14, 2011
I have the 40 and love it they are very easy to use and a great smoker.

smokingmymeat

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 22, 2011
thanks guys, I'm heading home tommorrow from a fishing trip on the texas coast and the 30

is across the street and a 40 is about 45 min. away, wife doesn't eat meat, and I'm

cleaning camper/boat so I hope that the 30 will work out. Otherwise I would take your advise Al.

thanks again

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That's OK buddy the 30 is a great little smoker, I'm sure you will like it a lot.

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
I have a 30...it works great!!

Get an AMAZEN and you are set..

Run my handle thru the search tool and you can see all the great food I have made in the little guy..

Craig

sinnful-bbq

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Excellent choice! I put wheels on mine and added a tile to the rt rear above the chip box like some of the others here had done and I love it! Check out the MES forums for helpful tips, suggestions and the great advice members have posted on SMF. Just reading them helped me out a bunch and I can use all the help I can get....

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
your gonna love the mes 30...I have one and love it for quick smokes and cold smoking/ Congrats!!

bluebombersfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 4, 2011
thanks guys, I'm heading home tommorrow from a fishing trip on the texas coast and the 30

is across the street and a 40 is about 45 min. away, wife doesn't eat meat, and I'm

cleaning camper/boat so I hope that the 30 will work out. Otherwise I would take your advise Al.

thanks again
I just bought the 30 and it will serve all your needs.  I LOVE mine!!!!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I loved my MES 30 for a whole year, but then it shrank, and I had to get the MES 40.

Hopefully that won't happen to yours.

I think it's the Pork Fat that made it shrink, so you might want to keep pork fat away from it.   

Bear

smokingmymeat

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 22, 2011
Just got back from Lowes, and my $200 bucks have gone "UP IN SMOKE". {HAR...HAR...HAR}   Sorry, couldn't help it. Picked up some

Cowboy lump charcoal to take home for my SFB's. I've been reading about it here at SMF. Hope this will help me some. I haven't got squadueche where

I live. I'll be checking out your pics FPNMF. Thanks for the support guys. Are you all ready for the next question?

Last edited:

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.