Memphis Grills Pro Built-in 300: problem with water flooding the drip tray pull out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rweiss

Original poster
Jul 19, 2023
I love my Memphis built-in smoker but it is not in a covered area and water is flooding the stainless steel pull out that holds my two drip trays. Makes for a real mess. Anyone know what openings i should be covering up to avoid this?

Reactions: JLeonard
Is this similar? Is water flowing in thru the top vent holes around the lid? Can you put the trays in upside down so they do not collect water until you find a more permanent solution?
1689793426564.png

Is this similar? Is water flowing in thru the top vent holes around the lid? Can you put the trays in upside down so they do not collect water until you find a more permanent solution?
View attachment 671030
thx but the problem is i don't know if side vents, or gaps around the smoker on either side and back are the source of the water. turning the drip trays over won't solve the problem as it is the whole shelf that gets flooded. the smoker box itself is closed and tight.

I've had two Memphis Elite built-ins.
Mine were covered and had covers over them, so never had an issue.
Also, they had 3 pull out trays - left/right for grease, center for ashes.
Even if they weren't covered, not sure how water could get in the tray.

You must have the Beale St as BigW posted, or possible the Pro.
Still no idea how water could be getting in the trays.
Best suggestion I have is to buy a cover for it.

I've had two Memphis Elite built-ins.
Mine were covered and had covers over them, so never had an issue.
Also, they had 3 pull out trays - left/right for grease, center for ashes.
Even if they weren't covered, not sure how water could get in the tray.

You must have the Beale St as BigW posted, or possible the Pro.
Still no idea how water could be getting in the trays.
Best suggestion I have is to buy a cover for it.
thx, it is a puzzle. my model is the pro, with only one wide pull out tray, with room for two disposable drip pans with a few inches between them. i will get a cover if i can't find the darn source of all the water getting into it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky