Memorial Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
Hey ya'll, now remember when you're out there on Monday having your picnics and drinking your beer playing yard darts, what Monday is in observance of...our fallen heroes...take a moment and be thankful for our freedoms...say a prayer for our military, attend a local ceremony if one is being held. They usually don't last that long and it's the way we should be kicking off "celebrating" Memorial Day.
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif
Then get back to your smokers and check your temps!

That's a good point Shell. It's those soldiers that have given us the freedom to do what we do.

ours will be somewhat somber, the brother of a really good friend of ours was killed on the job yesterday in a freak accident.....
icon_cry.gif

Sorry to hear the news smoked. I know we are greatful for all the men and women in the armed forces that are helping to keep us safe at home. I know I'm not alone in hoping we never repeat or forget 9/11.

i will be doing the cook i talked about, serving plates @ my vfw, and maybe(impatient baby)between today & due date of june 9th(personally i wish for d-day.. the 6th) having a new baby girl. but i will wear my patches & medals & doing a bit @ the v & burning up some meat... not to mention flying a flag.....god bless america ( & pity the poor bassard that picks a fight w/ us).

Sorry for your loss smoked; prayers are headed your way.

Thanks Shell for reminding us of what the day is all about. It is too easy to forget sometimes...

I hope everyone has a healthy and happy, smokin' holiday!

Hey Smoked, sorry for your loss...

That's us on Thursday night, I have a girl scout troop and a boy scout troop coming out to help us put out 1,000+ flags for Monday. Monday I'm in charge of Memorial Day ceremony, we have a small town parade and then a ceremony at the local cemetary. Fire companies lay a wreath, mayor talks, Am. Legion Commander gives his speech, I do VFW speech & ceremony, High School Band play National Anthem & Taps...Then we give ice cream out to all the kids. Below is a link to a poem I wrote for Memorial Day a number of years back...

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/memday-poem.htm

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky