Members Mark griddle?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bit the bullet and purchased the Blackstone 22" Adventure griddle. Nice set up, comes with stand and adapter hose for external tank. Fired it up with a 5 gal tank and seasoned it.

Put it in the shed until we go on our RV trip in a week or so. Now I'm looking for a soft cover for it and don't seem to be able to find one that fits it with the hood.

My wife just surprised me with one of the Members Mark griddles. I haven't opened it up yet but I wonder ... she would be upset if I exchanged it ... but I have seen nice upgraded ceramic cook tops for other brands. could I not just replace it with one to get a better surface?

I'm no welder unfortunately.

Well, it's been almost two months or more since purchasing the Member's Mark 36", and about 4 or so weeks on the BS Adventure. I have only used the Adventure twice but both times it functioned as expected. I like the portability of the Adventure. It fits into a bay (Compartment) of the MH nicely disassembled. Reassembling it is a breeze. Set up stand, place base plate, place griddle. Easy!

I have done several meals on the MM 36" and it is functioning well with the exception of trying to get a lower flame. I may go ahead and get an adjustable regulator. Time will tell.

Gotcha. I have no issue doing eggs on my blackstone. Maybe for lower heat turn off one side and do the crepes on that side

Yep, that is one way but when you are cooking for a bunch of people, and doing crepes, it would be nice to have the entire surface at approximately the same temperature. Maybe 200 is to low but 250 is good for a lot of food. I attend RV Rallies with upward to about 40 people, we are a small group, and some times low and slow is the better way.

Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Sure wish there was more conversation on this thread!
Well, we somewhat lack direction here. This started as a BS vs cheaper alternatives thread. But I'm not hearing much excitement from the bargain hunters. Then it turned into a "how2 stiffen a thin griddle" discussion, etc.
I'd suggest picking the item you most want to dig into and starting a fresh thread with that topic clearly in the heading.
Also, numerous fresh topics is how the Administrators will decide whether/if griddles deserves its own dedicated area. I'd kinda like to see that and I don't even have a real outdoor griddle. Yet.

Bill, I see the start of the thread as a Members Mark Griddle and a wonder if what the comparison was to the Blackstone. I could see this thread morphing as a "griddle" thread. Questions and answers for any griddle could be included, but yes, maybe a separate griddle section. Heck, there might even be one now.

There is a lot of information on this forum for various methods of cooking and they should have their own forum thread. Take the thread "Smashburgers." Great subject and could be expounded on with different recipes.

I stopped typing here and did a search. Found this Let's Talk Griddles, so I'm going to look at it and see if it satisfies my needs.

Thanks for the reply. Lot's of YouTube videos on griddles.

True, but too many subforums and it gets hard knowing where to post

search works pretty good here. "griddle" or "blackstone" will probably get you a lot of opinions.

Search is how I found this forum. Yep, lots of good information. I'm not suggesting that a grill, griddle or smoker is any better than any of the three as I have all three. Love the Traeger, use the grill, but go to now is the griddle. Tried something different for me, on the Traeger, Pork Butt infused by injection. Came out reall good. Did 15 pounds of pork butt for GD's graduation party of about 40 people. Only a little left over.
See, I'm versatile.
Thanks.

Reactions: bill1
Wasn’t sure where to put this post. (We need a griddle section).
Girlfriend wants to get a griddle and is trying to compare the Blackstone to the Members Mark (Sam’s). They are about half the price. Specs look similar. Does anyone have experience with the Sam’s brand, or both? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link below.
I put together, seasoned and used (4 cooks) my in laws 36 Blackstone and wanted one and decided to try the MM. I bought the MM based primarily on this comparison. The MM burners only deliver heat to about the back 2/3 of the griddle making the front 1/3 basically useless even as a warmer. I had to reverse the griddle on the burners to even season the front. Specifically had the back hottest spots at 550-600 seasoning and the front was at 375 so when you cook at a normal 400-450 on the back the front is at 200. Directly over burners (I’m back) are hot spots about 5” diameter about 50 degrees hotter than the surrounding areas. Build quality is less than Blackstone, painted vs. powder coated, sharp edges of griddle, one of the preset nuts didn’t line up with a bolt, no hard cover. Does it cook? Yes. Could you put up with it if you wanted to save $200? Yes. Am I going to return it and buy a Blackstone? Absolutely. You get what you pay for and I don’t want to hassle with it.

Reactions: bill1
Are the Members Mark griddles the same as Walmart Expert Grills models? The E-G cheapie I saw in the local wally world didn't appear like it would have cold spots, but I didn't have a chance to see any flames either. It was 3 burners across 28", with a lid, for the price ($200) of a 2-burner (28") Blackstone without a lid. Although I'd pass on a lid as a trade for premium quality, not sure the 2-burner would be up to the standards of the 36" 4-burner.

we got the 36 inch $199 MM griddle from sams almost 2 weeks ago . we really like the easy peasy front grease tray and the price . however the front 1/4 doesn't get near as hot as the upper 3/4 , it is good for keeping things warm . it's more than enough actual cooking area for the 3 of us and a few of the grands . it's our first griddle but we're happy with it . we've cooked several breakfasts on it and a few dinners and it is a learning process but we're getting the hang of it . i wanted to get a camp chef but their prices have gone up way beyond our comfort level since i looked last fall .

if you're looking to use every square inch of griddle to cook on the MM probably isn't for you . and the supplied cover is a joke , i'll be ordering the "
Unicook Griddle Cover for Blackstone 36 Inch ProSeries Grill " shortly because i use two of their covers on two other smokers and really like them .
take care , jeff

...and the supplied cover is a joke...
Feel free to criticize the cheap grill covers over their looks; you've undoubtedly got a point there. But I continue to be amazed at how long some of these cheap covers can last. If you just want it for protection, try it a while and see if you can't get at least a couple of seasons out of it before you upgrade.
The best covers used to barely last a year. Now, even the cheap ones last several. Of course the more they're in the shade, the better...it's the UV that kills them.

Reactions: JeffB1961
Feel free to criticize the cheap grill covers over their looks; you've undoubtedly got a point there. But I continue to be amazed at how long some of these cheap covers can last. If you just want it for protection, try it a while and see if you can't get at least a couple of seasons out of it before you upgrade.
The best covers used to barely last a year. Now, even the cheap ones last several. Of course the more they're in the shade, the better...it's the UV that kills them.
I use the 303 Protectant family of sprays for various substrates (vinyl, fiberglass, canvas, …) on my boat … should work well on all your outdoor stuff.

Reactions: JeffB1961
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky