Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
Wife wanted some meatloaf and my brother in law was coming up for a few days and meatloaf is one of his favorites so meatloaf it was.
Poked holes in the bottom of the pans for drainage and used 8 lbs total of 80/20 ground beef. Here it is going in
20210225_145146.jpg

After about 1.5 hours cut the sides of the pans to expose more area to the smoke
20210225_164130.jpg

20210225_164132.jpg

20210225_164134.jpg

Finished
20210225_182748.jpg

My plate
20210225_191827.jpg

Needless to say we had lots of it left so I sliced it all up and in a day or two will vacuum seal what is left brother in law already said he's having a meatloaf sandwich for lunch tomorrow lol. Thanks for looking

Looks delicious Piney, I might have to grind up that chuck roast in the fridge and make a meatloaf.

I love smoked meatloaf! i did one last week...free form...no pan. Glazed it with a mix of ketchup, vinegar, coriander, brown sugar and hot sauce and threw it under the broiler for about 5 minutes.

20210215_200858.jpg

Nice looking meatloaf! Been thinking of making one, might have to do that in near future.

Ryan

That looks so good. Smoked meat loaf is a family favorite, it's time to do it again.

That Looks Great!!! Meatloaf is one of my favorite meals, I've tried 3 times to smoke but it comes out half raw. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Very nice job Jerry. Hard to beat a good smoked meatloaf and always nice to treat company to their favorite dish. Kudos sir!!

Robert

Looks mighty good Jerry!
I like the idea of letting it set up, then cutting the edge of the pan, will definitely give that a try the next meatloaf I do.
Nicely done!
Al

Thanks for the kind words

That Looks Great!!! Meatloaf is one of my favorite meals, I've tried 3 times to smoke but it comes out half raw. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I often use this http://columbiaspice.com/melose.html and it goes with 8 lbs of ground beef I use 80/20 I also dice a bell pepper and onion and add them add about 2 cups of water to get the spice pack to mix in better. Have 2 of the disposable aluminum loaf pans and poke holes in the bottom so it can drain. Once you've done that divide the meatloaf and add equal parts to the pans. Then into a 225 degree smoker after about an hour or hour and fifteen minutes cut the corners of the pan and fold the sides down so the meatloaf can get more smoke. The loaves need to reach 160 degrees in the center of the loaf usually around 2.5-3 hours give or take my pit boss ranges in temp from 215-260 when set at 225. Once done let it rest 15-20 minutes and slice
Good luck and be sure to post a thread when you do it

Reactions: PPG1 and DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky