Meat slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Our meat slicer broke this morning, The part of the frame that held part of it together snapped off.

WE are looking obviously for a new one.

So far it has been light use although realizing I could do so much more than slice slab bacon every couple of weeks.

Suggestions?

Our meat slicer broke this morning, The part of the frame that held part of it together snapped off.

So far it has been light use although realizing I could do so much more than slice slab bacon every couple of weeks.

Suggestions?

Depending on your budget.. Bass Pro Shop / Cabelas has some in the $3-500 range that will handle up to 9 inches of length. If you need anything bigger the prices jump rather quickly

Budget about $200 Canadian.
Use for slice slab bacon, slice deli meats .
Likely start using to slice brisket, tri tip etc.

Budget about $200 Canadian.
Use for slice slab bacon, slice deli meats .
Likely start using to slice brisket, tri tip etc.
Kind of a tough price point, but look at Chef’s Choice brand. They are good quality and get well within your price point. The model 615a and 665 are very popular.

I've been very happy with my CC 665. Another brand to look at which comes with 2 blades is the LEM Mighty Bite, belt drive:

I've been very happy with my CC 665. Another brand to look at which comes with 2 blades is the LEM Mighty Bite, belt drive:
Thanks. Anyone use Chefman?

i buy the older heavy stuff for around $200 you can get an older globe or hobart{equal but hobart more money}

Suggestions?

Hands down Chef's Choice 615 also get the smooth blade.

I looked at other Chef's Choice models before I bought the 615 and found this:

-610 just less sturdy and is lighter duty as the 615
-Models with higher numbers did not seem to have additional blades and parts if something fails and seem to even be overseas models or something else. Not being able to easily find and buy replacement blades and pieces was the deal breaker for me.

-615 model just works for what you and I seem to be doing (I'll do like 20-40 pounds sliced meat in a session every now and again), is loved by people here, just works, and is EASY TO CLEAN!!!! All parts except the main unit can go in the dish washer and there are few nooks and crannies to get stuff into and the areas that exist are no difficult to clean. Price also isn't too bad either

Anyhow that was my findings and why I landed on a CC 615. I hope this info helps :)

I have a Chefs Choice 645 with the optional blade sharpener. I have had it for 10 years or so, and it still works like it was new. Also, get the smooth blade, which is extra too. But this setup is worth every penny!
I just sold my 12”commercial slicer, because it was so big that it took my wife & I to get it on the counter. And the Chef’s Choice has done everything we need it to do.
Al

Reactions: tallbm
Bigger is always better! Then advancing age sets in and you find that something smaller and much more manageable is just as capable. CC 615A should do well. And when Woot puts it on sale it is s steal.

Reactions: bill1
Got a cc615a! It arrived yesterday.

Attachments

• 20210724_111737.jpg
    20210724_111737.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: tallbm and bill1
Enjoy! Go slow and it will be a pleasure to use. If the meat develops a tail after several slices flip it top to bottom for a few slices. Happy slicing!!

Be very careful!! About the first thing I did was to slice my finger wide open while cleaning mine. All it takes is a moment of inattention.

Reactions: bill1
OUCH.
If they said it once, I think it has been said a dozen times in the product manual - CAREFUL BLADE IS VERY SHARP.

Naw, just squeezed it together, put on a couple butterfly bandages, and wrapped it good. It's fine now. Sure hurt like a mother, though.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky