1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Meat mover/pigtail flipper

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by krj, Jun 30, 2018.

1. krj

krj Smoke Blower

Working my way through my first big cook(80lbs irk butt) to vendor later today as I type this. The smoker I'm using doesn't have the greatest temperature control, and the variance in heat zones can be a pain. I own a "pigtail" flipper that I've honestly been pretty happy with during previous cooks. However tonight, or rather this morning, while moving these huge butts I'm cooking I found myself wary of using my pigtail. There was a little more flex in the rod than I would have liked, and even though I got a longer(19"?) flipper, for this smoker it's a bit short. The flex made me worry I'd tragically lose a butt, and that is a problem.

Anyone know of any flipper options that are longer and more heavy duty?

2. mike243

mike243 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I have a couple that are well made but short handled ,walmart had some 2 years ago that had good sized handles on them that 2 hands worked well for bigger cuts,not sure they are still carrying them though

3. ddufore

ddufore Smoke Blower

Sounds like you need a custom made flipper. PM me if you are interested. I may be able to help.

4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★