Meat Grinder Recommendation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johngolf01

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 9, 2017
In the market, wouldn't be getting a ton of use, but seems like a decent deal.

Would you pull the trigger?

I see a picture but you don't say what size, type. just have to watch sometimes you get what you pay for in life. I just don't want you to be disappointed.

Sorry guys, apparently I'm bad at embedding links.

I tried and link works for me. I have read reviews and all seems well. Just curious if any of you are familiar with this brand?

$199.99
Electric Meat Grinder - Size #12 - Model STX-4000-TB2-PD - STX International Turboforce II - Air Cooling Patent - Foot Pedal Control, 6 Grinding Plates, 3 Cutting Blades, Kubbe & Sausage Tubes - Black

Last edited:
I took your info and got this on Amazon:

81%2BbSzGBkcL._SL1500_.jpg

Look right?
Snazzy with the foot switch.
But no idea about the quality of Manufacturer.

I took your info and got this on Amazon:

81%2BbSzGBkcL._SL1500_.jpg

Look right? Snazzy with the foot switch.
But no idea about the quality of Manufacturer.

That's the one! Snazzy scares me some time! All the bells and whistles aren't always a good thing!

More product info:

The Patented STX International Turboforce II Quad Air Cooled Electric Meat Grinder - Size #12 - Model STX-4000-TB2-PD - Foot Pedal Control, 6 Grinding Plates, 3 Stainless Steel Cutting Blades, Kubbe Attachment & Sausage Tubes - Black Color with Chrome Accents The Patented STX Model STX-4000-TB2 Turboforce II Quad Air Cooled Electric Meat Grinder – The Ultimate in Power, Style and Performance. This New Electric Meat Grinder is a “Beauty and a Beast”. The Futuristic Styling of our Turboforce II was a creation of our Model/Art Design Department and is designed to complement any kitchen counter. Available now in either Black or White with Chrome Accents, making it easier to match your existing appliances. The motor inside this unit Features 2000 Watts of Peak Output Power and this allows it to grind even the toughest cuts of meat without bogging down in the least. The 4 Air Cooling Intakes make up our Patented Quad Air Cooling Design, engineered to keep this grinder’s motor Ultra Cool which will Virtually Double the Life of this product. Features up to 2000 Watts of Peak Output Power with 3 Speeds (High, Low, Reverse) & Safety Circuit BreakerThe Patented “Quad Air Cooling” System of the Grinder will Virtually Double the Life of this Product3 Stainless Blades, 5 Grinding Plates, 1 Beaner Plate, Set of 3 Stuffing Tubes with adaptor and Kubbe AttachmentThis is a Size #12 Grinder with a 2-5/8" Diameter Output for Grinding and a 2" Diameter Feeding TubeCan be used With or Without the Foot Pedal which is included with the grinder This Complete Electric Meat Grinder Package Includes: 1 – 2000 Watt Main Grinding Unit 1 - Foot Pedal - For Optional Use 1 – Size #12 Polished Aluminum Grinding Head with Meat Hopper 3 – Stainless Steel Cutting Blades 5 – Sizes of Tempered Steel Grinding Plates 1 – Beaner Plate – Sausage Stuffing Plate 1 – Set of 3 Sizes of Sausage Stuffing Tubes 1 - Kubbe/Kibbe Making Attachment 1 – Meat Pusher/Stuffer Specifications: • Voltage: 110/120 Volts – 60Hz • Up to 2000 Watts Peak Power (Under Load) – 600 Watts Running Power (No Load) • Grinds 175 to 225 Lbs of Meat Per Hour on High Speed depending on the cut and type of meat you are grinding • 3 Speed System – High, Low and Reverse • 1 Stop and Reset Switch • Dimensions of Unit – Set Up – 19” L x 8” W x 14” H • Weight of Unit – Set Up - 13 Lbs • Weight of Unit for Shipping – 14 Lbs • 1 Kubbe Attachment • Complete Instructions Included This STX Grinder comes with a Foot Pedal (for Optional Use), a 4 Part Grinding Head, 3 Stainless Steel Cutting Blades and 6 Grinding Plates (Shown Below) Electric Foot Pedal An On/Off Electric Foot Fedal is included with this grinder for "Hands Free" operation of the meat grinder. This is especially handy when stuffing sausage. Please note that you "Do Not" have to use the foot pedal to control the grinder. When the grinder is not connected to the foot pedal, the switches on the side of the grinder control the unit. 4 Part Grinding Head The Grinding Head on this grinder is a Size #12 and not a smaller size #5 or #8 like most kitchen grinders. The 4 parts of this Grinding Head are manufactured from Food Grade Polished Cast Aluminum (NOT Coated). These parts should NOT be washed in the dishwasher, but should be washed with a mild detergent (like Dawn Liquid) and hot water, towel dried and stored in a dry place. 3 - S/S Cutting Blades 3 Each Stainless Steel Cutting Blades are also included. These are manufactured from 304 Food Grade Stainless Steel and can be washed in the dishwasher or with a liquid dishwashing detergent (like Dawn) and towel dried. 6 Grinding Plates 5 Sizes of Grinding Plates and 1 Beaner Plate (for Stuffing Sausage) come standard with this unit. 4mm - 0.156 Inch - 5/32" 7mm - 0.281 Inch - 9/32" 10mm - 0.390 Inch - 25/64" 12mm - 0.469 Inch - 15/32" Wagon Wheel Plate Beaner Plate/Stuffing Plate These plates should NOT be washed in the dishwasher, but should be washed with a mild liquid dishwashing detergent and hot water, towel dried and stored in a dry place. 3 Sizes of Sausage Stuffing Tubes with Adapter, a Kubbe (Kibbe) Attachment and our Meat Pusher that Stores the Sausage Tubes are also Included with this Grinder. 3 Sizes Sausage Tubes A Set of 3 Sizes of Sausage Stuffing Tubes along with the Adapter are also included with this grinder (shown in the 1st photo above). The Diameter of the Sausage Stuffing Tubes are 3/4 Inch, 5/8 Inch and 1/2 Inch and come with an adapter for stuffing with any of the 3 sizes. Kubbe/Kibbe Attachment A Kubbe (also know as Kibbe) Attachment also comes with this grinder. For those of you who are not familiar with Kubbes, they are Traditional Middle Eastern Dish comprised of a cylinder-like shell made from meat which lamb and bulghar wheat. The center is then stuffed with a spiced minced lamb filling and the ends are sealed to form the Kubbe which is then Deep-Fried. New Style Meat Pusher We have designed a new type/style of Meat Pusher for stuffing your raw meat down into the grinder. Although this grinder will normally just pull the meat down into the auger to be ground, you can just use the palm of your hand on the top of this pusher instead of gripping it with your hands which can get tiresome. Parts Packed in One In the above photo you can see that the top of the Meat Pusher opens up and you can store your Sausage Tube Set inside of it. If you do store the Sausage Tubes inside this pusher, we suggest that you dry them thoroughly before storing them so condensation does not build up inside the pusher. Features & details Features 2000 Watts of Peak Output Power with 3 Speeds (High, Low, Reverse) & Safety Circuit BreakerIncludes Foot Pedal Control (Optional Use) - Plug Grinder into Foot Pedal Control For Hands Free UseThe Patented "Quad Air Cooling" System of the Grinder will Virtually Double the Life of this Product3 Stainless Blades, 5 Grinding Plates, 1 Beaner Plate, Set of 3 Stuffing Tubes and Kubbe AttachmentThis is a Size #12 Grinder with a 2-1/2" Diameter Output for Grinding and a 2" Diameter Feeding Tube

Cant say I like the cast aluminum (not 304 ss), but you get what you pay for:

The 4 parts of this Grinding Head are manufactured from Food Grade Polished Cast Aluminum (NOT Coated). These parts should NOT be washed in the dishwasher, but should be washed with a mild detergent (like Dawn Liquid) and hot water, towel dried and stored in a dry place.

My current meat grinder is an ancient hand operated, clamp on, with two plates and a single cutter thingamabob.
I clamp it on a piece of plywood, and clamp that to our island when I use it. Which is....
A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away....

Just my opinion ,, I would pass . That's alot of hype to sell one grinder . Hold on to your $200 and find some you can look at local .

I have no experience with the grinder you are showing, but I have owned several
meat grinders, starting with my kitchen aid stand mixer. From there I slowly
graduated to bigger and supposedly better grinders. Some were good some were
absolutely horrible. As the saying goes you get what you pay for. One grinder I
have settled on and works flawlessly for me is in the link. It has a very powerful
motor and will grind as large of a piece of meat that will fit in the feed tube
without even pulling the motor down. It is a little more labor intensive to use
since you need to unbolt the grinder assembly from the motor to clean, but
that to me is worth the extra effort.

Cal

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commercial...eavy-Duty-22/351586454784?hash=item51dc2f8d00

A few people here have STX grinders but I haven't any mention here of that model. It is fairly new to the market. The brand itself has been arouund for a little while.
I have been levitating towards that Model for the simple reason the Plates shown have what looks like a fairly common indexing. The others of that brand have Square tabs for indexing and I have yet to find a source for replacement plates outside of the manufacturer. This seems to be a common problem with several budget grinders.
Many places carry plates with similar indexing as this one.

I have no experience with the grinder you are showing, but I have owned several
meat grinders, starting with my kitchen aid stand mixer. From there I slowly
graduated to bigger and supposedly better grinders. Some were good some were
absolutely horrible. As the saying goes you get what you pay for. One grinder I
have settled on and works flawlessly for me is in the link. It has a very powerful
motor and will grind as large of a piece of meat that will fit in the feed tube
without even pulling the motor down. It is a little more labor intensive to use
since you need to unbolt the grinder assembly from the motor to clean, but
that to me is worth the extra effort.

Cal

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commercial...eavy-Duty-22/351586454784?hash=item51dc2f8d00
Thanks, like the all SS design.

Found this one which is slightly cheaper and likely more suited for my limited use:
https://www.ebay.com/p/Electric-Mea...el-Heavy-Duty-22/17004662489?iid=263948277625

Last edited:
Don't ask me, I'm running a 1950s hand crank Chop-Rite #10

grinder1.jpg

While we're at it, what about that one plate which apparently is called a wagon wheel plate - the openings look like slices of pie. I've seen those before but I've never known what they are used for. So, ??

BTW the #10 and #12 plates are the same size. A #10 grinder clamps on (like mine) while a #12 stands on its feet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky