Meat Bars

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MarkL786

Original poster
Jan 13, 2019
Hey all,

I came across these beef bars from a brand called Wild Zora that had the following ingredients:

Grass-Fed Beef, Organic Vegetables & Fruit (Red Bell Pepper, Tomato, Unsulfured Apricots, Dates, Kale, Garlic, Celery), Chipotle Pepper, Ancho Chili Pepper, Sea Salt, Spices.

From what I've read about the company, they grind the meat, mix all the spices/fruits and veggies together and then dehydrate.

Do you know how they're able to create a shelf-stable product that's safe to eat without adding any curing agents (even a "natural" one like celery juice powder) which a lot of other meat bars e.g. DNX bars, Mission Meat Bars, etc. use?

I do see they use celery not sure if that helps, also (not sure exactly how it works) or if i'm saying it right but some companies use some type of a high pressure vacuum that supposed to kill off the bad stuff and give a longer shelf life, i'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky