McMurdo Mead

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 9, 2012
Lacey, WA.
 Just started up a 1 gal. batch of mead down here in Antarctica. I cant wait for some good drink, its just going to take some time.

3lbs of honey a cinnamon stick, a clove, and an orange. I cant wait :)

Sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe. Think if I was in your part of the world..Yukon Jack should be on the menu. That stuff can fight the chill banes. Can also make folks fall out of tree stands when trying to slay evil Bambis. lol. Along with the gun.

You might be home before it reaches it's prime! We wait at least 8-9 months after fermentation has stopped before sampling our mead. We have some mead that's close to two years old!

I got a quick mead recipe that take about 1 1/2 months. Well see how it comes out. On the other hand Im going to make a UDS here but I have very limited time for the internet right now. Can one of you please post a good link for a how to thread step by step I can print off. Parts list would be good too. THANKS MUCH! I have 9 more days till they turn the wifi on here for us.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky