• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

McMurdo Mead

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 9, 2012
 Just started up a 1 gal. batch of mead down here in Antarctica. I cant wait for some good drink, its just going to take some time.

3lbs of honey a cinnamon stick, a clove, and an orange. I cant wait :)

themule69

Epic Pitmaster
Joined Oct 7, 2012
Mike

That sounds good. Would you share the whole process. I have been wanting to make some mead.

Happy smoken.

David

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey Mike

A 1 gal batch?  What are you going to do in week 3??  LOL  Seriously, you should start batch #2 right away, as they do take some time to age.

Gary

Last edited:

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
Your living the Viking life!! Smiles. How fun!!! It will be great to se how it works out! Cheers!!!!!! - Leah

bigwheel

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 31, 2009
Sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe. Think if I was in your part of the world..Yukon Jack should be on the menu. That stuff can fight the chill banes. Can also make folks fall out of tree stands when trying to slay evil Bambis. lol. Along with the gun.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
You might be home before it reaches it's prime! We wait at least 8-9 months after fermentation has stopped before sampling our mead. We have some mead that's close to two years old!

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 9, 2012
I got a quick mead recipe that take about 1 1/2 months. Well see how it comes out. On the other hand Im going to make a UDS here but I have very limited time for the internet right now. Can one of you please post a good link for a how to thread step by step I can print off. Parts list would be good too. THANKS MUCH! I have 9 more days till they turn the wifi on here for us.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.