Max People in a Private Message

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Because we enjoyed doing it here. If the answer is no. Then fine. No harm. No foul. I have no issues either way. I'm not trying to rock the boat. I find it curious that some people felt they had to provide input when it had no impact to them either way.

Why not let everyone go their own way, just because it may not be your way doesn't mean it's not right, or the only way to go, different strokes for different folks. Chat isn't going going control the entire forum, folks just don't want to frequent that aspect a lot. Why don't y'all dozen chat guys exchange phone numbers yourselves, nobody cares. Seems like you are all in about the same area code, just seems so odd that the chat regulars are so much against this. Looks like the guys who are for this range from coast to coast. I don't understand the problem, unless you feel you've got some kind of control issue, and that's certainly not in the best interest of the forum anyway. Let's take a look at the history of who's posted what as far as sharing information about cooks and how to go about it. I knew what I was doing when I got here and have never been afraid to share, all more than ready to prove it. how 'bout you? Now I'm getting pissed off, I'd best stop right now. RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
My extended family has DISCORD, an app from Google Play Store. You can have as many members on as you wish...JJ

Reactions: flatbroke
It just seems to me a group text would be easier then trying to change a forum for 10 or so people. That's all I am saying.

It just seems to me a group text would be easier then trying to change a forum for 10 or so people. That's all I am saying.
PC I get that. If the change is more than just changing a number setting in the admin we totally understand that. We aren’t looking to change everything or rock the boat. We simply wondered if it was as simple as typing a bigger number in the settings.

Then. That is what we'll do if the admin feels that our request is damaging to the forum. I am through with this topic. And will continue to be a contributing member on this forum.

That is what we'll do if the admin feels that our request is damaging to the forum. I am through with this topic. And will continue to be a contributing member on this forum.

Yep, me too Steve. I don't much have a dog in this fight but for the fact I always can't stand seeing a few having a say for the many. That being said, I still don't understand what the quarrel is about extending something from 6 to 10, the minimalist "chat" group seems to be against it. I would think one of the best solutions would be to abolish "chat" altogether and have things go back to the way they were before all this ever began. "Chat" has no saving grace in preserving recipes or what was said other than to pacify a small minority who have come to believe it has become some kind of God given right on their behalf. to say whatever they like, be it offensive or not. Some of the language I've seen used there is far unbecoming of that of a family oriented show. Unlike extending a private conversation from 6 to 8 or 10, this "chat" can be seen by anyone entering the forum, and is not always held in the highest regard as far as a "family show" would be concerned. While a number of "chat" followers seem to be against this extension, it seems a greater number of regular contributors to the forum have no use for "chat". Why not just do away with it altogether and let things go back to the way they were before there was any complaining. RAY

So Premier members are allowed upto 10 people when they start a conversation. Will one of you that are premier members test that for me?

So Premier members are allowed upto 10 people when they start a conversation.

I am a Lifetime Premier Member and was when I started the conversation. We currently have 6 people in the conversation and the option is not there to "invite more".

Robert

This is one of the benefits we had for premier members before but I guess when we came to the new platform we didn't get it set right.

Happy group messaging all.

Happy group messaging all.

Very much appreciate it Brian but I'd still like to be able to add somebody to the conversation I started that's locked at 6 people. The option is not there to add anybody else and I've tried everything I can think of...but I may be missing something.

Robert

I have a smoked meatloaf and a baby back rib cook to get posted.....and tonight going for a 3 day cold proof homemade pizza dough thin crust on a 16' pizza pan on the grill.

I need to add a cook we did with the smoked pork tenderloin to that thread....so much to do and not enough time.

John

Reactions: sawhorseray
I have a smoked meatloaf and a baby back rib cook to get posted.....and tonight going for a 3 day cold proof homemade pizza dough thin crust on a 16' pizza pan on the grill.

I need to add a cook we did with the smoked pork tenderloin to that thread....so much to do and not enough time.

John

How much different is the taste of the dough after doing this?

Steve, you have to try it the deep dish pizza had a noticably better taste and diffent consistentcy.

Sue does not like deep dish but she loved that one.

I am going to do a regular crust (just bigger for more leftovers :emoji_laughing: ) tonight and see if it is really from cold proofing.

I have read that most restaurants do this and the timeframe is 3-5 days.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Very much appreciate it Brian but I'd still like to be able to add somebody to the conversation I started that's locked at 6 people. The option is not there to add anybody else and I've tried everything I can think of...but I may be missing something.

Robert

Its not an easy option to rebuild the cache on the database that would make it proactive. Just start a new one with the same people . Sorry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky