Mattel Toy 1, Grandma 0

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Miss Linda has been spending a lot of time in Calgary due to the Covid, babysitting our Grandson Orion. Yesterday, while they were heading for the SUV to take her daughter to work, Grandma and Orion were going down the stairs.. Orion had both hands full of toys and slipped. Looking to prevent a header down the stairs, Miss Linda made a lunge for him (successfully), but in the scramble, Orion whacked her in the nose with the bigger toy. Naturally, blood everywhere--Grandma wasn't sure if her nose was broken or if the blood was coming from a cut on the side of her nose.
So off to Emergency to get checked out.
Turned out the toy had sliced completely through her nose, right at the nostril. Took 6 stiches to put everything back together.

Linda nose injuty.jpg

I told her she could explain the new scar, by telling her friends that while I was "instructing" her, SHE JUST WOULDN'T LISTEN. For some reason, I can't fathom, that didn't fly. :emoji_scream::emoji_scream:
She said that since I rode Harleys for 40 years, and she rode Harleys for 11 years, she'd just say it was from a biker brawl--been enough of them. :emoji_laughing::emoji_blush:
But...it's pretty obvious that Mattel Toys are TOUGH.
Gary

Ouch!!! that must have hurt. Glad she's doing well and still has her sense of humor. Your in Canada just say she got in a fight playing hockey, and you should see the other guy.

Chris

hope miss Linda is resting comfortable, how easy things can happen. Darn biker brawls!

Ouch!!! that must have hurt. Glad she's doing well and still has her sense of humor. Your in Canada just say she got in a fight playing hockey, and you should see the other guy.
Chris

OUCH! Scars are cool. Very Jack Nicholson (Chinatown).

I like Miss Linda's explanation.

Thanks guys. She's doing fine. Be about a week before the stitches come out. They put in 6 stitches to minimize the scarring.
Gary

Grandma got ran over by a ... toy!
Hope she heals fast and the scar is minimal.

Hey, maybe there's a song in that. LOL.
Garu

Wow hope everything goes well for a speedy recovery.
You could say you pulled out her nose ring. :emoji_astonished: :emoji_laughing:
Warren

Ha!! I think I'll use that line when I talk to her tonight.
Gary

Glad it wasn't any worse and that she saved the child from going down them. Hopefully she heals fast with a minimal scar.

My wife would shoot me for taking a photo of the damage.
She would shoot me again for posting on-line.

Fearless Grandma deserves a bug hug and speedy recovery.

I'm still chuckling about the nose ring. Good one Warren
Got a few buddies with mangled ear lobes from pulling the rip cord.
I don't wear my earring anymore. When I did it was a small loop that hugged my lobe to prevent ... accidents.

Speedy recovery. Could have been worse! Miss Linda could have went Arse over Elbows to a Broken Hip. Still, a sore Nose is no fun...JJ

Glad it wasn't any worse and that she saved the child from going down them. Hopefully she heals fast with a minimal scar.

I'm glad the young'un didn't tumble down the stairs. I can just see them in Emergency:
Miss Linda: He fell down the stairs.
Nurse: Oh sure.
Gary

Get well soon . Gary , no smoochin 'til it heals .

With her spending most of every week down in Calgary, that shouldn't be a problem. :emoji_cry:
Gary

My wife would shoot me for taking a photo of the damage.
She would shoot me again for posting on-line.
Fearless Grandma deserves a bug hug and speedy recovery.

She's used to my warped sense of humor.
Gary

Speedy recovery. Could have been worse! Miss Linda could have went Arse over Elbows to a Broken Hip. Still, a sore Nose is no fun...JJ

So true, JJ. But she's well on the road to recovery. Already has an appointment to remove the stitches.
Gary

Looks like that one might hurt for awhile. Blowing nose will be painful.
Speedy recovery. . .

I would imagine so, but she says the worst thing to do is yawn. Says you just wouldn't believe how many face muscles move when you yaw.
Gary

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Always infuriated me, no matter what I Cut, Burn, Bruise or Break...You seem to constantly bang, bump or smash, that hurt part into everything and anything!...JJ

Warren, I'm messing with you now
and you (all) can call me John

Always infuriated me, no matter what I Cut, Burn, Bruise or Break...You seem to constantly bang, bump or smash, that hurt part into everything and anything!...JJ
You tend to hurt what you use the most? Right or left handed? Swing a hammer or a knife there is collateral damage ... when one misses?

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky