Matfer vertical stuffer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steelheadmike

Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Long story but I have a chance to get a Matfer 6L vertical stuffer. They seem pretty solid with metal gears etc. But there is not much info out there. Anybody use one or have any experience with it? Thanks!

if it appears to well built and is stainless with metal gears as you state, buy it if the price is right?  how do you go wrong?  its a stuffer

Mike, morning.... 6L stuffer... Is that over 5#..... like the small verticals.... Anyway, folks have said the bigger, larger stuffers don't do sticks well... Piston or something is too big in dia. and they don't like squeezing through the small stuffing tube... Makes sense to me but I can't confirm it.... So, if you think you want to make small diameter sausages or sticks, stick with the 5# that we know works flawlessly.....

Dave

I cant find any information on a 6L stuffer. I did find a 3 liter and a 20 lb stuffer made by Matfer sold by sears. They seem to be well built by looking at the picture. If you are getting it at a discount or for free great but if your buying at full price I would go with something a reputable co like grizzly, LEM or I bought a 15 lb stuffer from gander mountain for $229 with metal gears......

Good luck

I reread my post. Yes, it's the 3l vertical. I'll let everyone knows how it works out. Retail pricing on it similar to LEM with metal gears. Thanks for the input.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky