Masterbuilt smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just used mine today for the first time. Exact same smoker. Put a pork belly in with a salt and pepper rub for about 6 hours. Had some troubles getting the desired amount of smoke, but there are a few different things I'm going to try next time. Ended up still tasting great though!

Reactions: Ed B.
Many thanks. On the HD site, another person was complaining about having problems getting enough smoke.
I have a great smoker but am tired of monitoring temps albeit, the meats and more come out great every time.

Again, thanks. And a big shout out to Jeff for having the forums.

Reactions: Ed B.
Honestly unless I end up getting a high end pellet model, or end up going with a stick burner some day, I am thoroughly happy with my MES 40 inch. For some one who either A: Doesn't do alot of smoking.. or B: You want to get into the world of smoking meat..you can't go wrong.

The only issue is you won't be able to get smoke when cold smoking with out a ..
http://www.amazenproducts.com/product_p/amnps5x8.htm

Thats just my two cents! And Bear's Step by Steps are super useful :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky