• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Masterbuilt smoker

Cdiddy

Joined Jul 9, 2018
I just used mine today for the first time. Exact same smoker. Put a pork belly in with a salt and pepper rub for about 6 hours. Had some troubles getting the desired amount of smoke, but there are a few different things I'm going to try next time. Ended up still tasting great though!

Ed B.

Joined Jul 9, 2018
Many thanks. On the HD site, another person was complaining about having problems getting enough smoke.
I have a great smoker but am tired of monitoring temps albeit, the meats and more come out great every time.

Again, thanks. And a big shout out to Jeff for having the forums.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Most of the guys with your smoker also get an Amazen tray to compliment the smoke.
It uses pellets or sawdust & will give a nice thin smoke for up to 10 hours with out refilling it.
http://www.amazenproducts.com/
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Group Lead
Joined May 19, 2018
Honestly unless I end up getting a high end pellet model, or end up going with a stick burner some day, I am thoroughly happy with my MES 40 inch. For some one who either A: Doesn't do alot of smoking.. or B: You want to get into the world of smoking meat..you can't go wrong.

The only issue is you won't be able to get smoke when cold smoking with out a ..
http://www.amazenproducts.com/product_p/amnps5x8.htm

Thats just my two cents! And Bear's Step by Steps are super useful :)

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.