Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Someone in FB said connect it iPad or iPhone first, setup WiFi, then it'll work on Android.. Lol.. Oh well if it works!
Might be some truth that that mine updated this weekend and I use a iPhone. Just a note if your mid cook you might want to hold off on hitting the update button on the app until the end because it stops the controller during the update and you’ll have to reset the temp and timer if you have one going. Ask me how I know :emoji_wink:

Reactions: Btfu
Someone in FB said connect it iPad or iPhone first, setup WiFi, then it'll work on Android.. Lol.. Oh well if it works!
Actually, don't believe everything you read. I used a friend's iPhone and connected immediately on wifi after bluetooth. I then tried to connect my androids one at a time, with no luck.

What "update button"?
Is this an Android thing or is it also on iphone?
I've looked everywhere for something to tell this thing to update from my iphone and have found nothing. Am I just missing it somewhere?

This app is driving me crazy. It connects with wifi easily. Hit or miss with bluetooth but I can get paired. At this point it works I think. I can see the current temp and change it as desired. However it never updates and if I walk a few feet away all is lost and nothing works. And if I open a door when it is working it does not recover from a button connect on the controller.
I am down in rev at v001 R011 so getting updated should be my first move but I have no idea how to get this done.

I use an iphone. Any suggestions?

Don't feel bad, I've tried to connect the grill via wi-fi with 5 different Android devices and no such luck. Bluetooth pairs easily but the range sucks (which is natural with any bluetooth device)

I think maybe the wifi connection is just for firmware updates.
Don't feel bad, I've tried to connect the grill via wi-fi with 5 different Android devices and no such luck. Bluetooth pairs easily but the range sucks (which is natural with any bluetooth device)

I finally noticed my system had been upgraded to V002 R001. No idea when or how this occurred.
I am still struggling with how to determine if bluetooth is connected, if wifi is connected, or possibly if both are connected? Are there any control panel or app symbols which indicate these are active?
I understand you need both but its unclear as to which does what. If you can change the temp does this suggest both are functional?

When I use the supplied temp probe, the only way I can get it through the pass-through gasket is probe side first. I can't get the plug to fit through. It's not a big deal, just wondering if that's the case for others, if I'm not being forceful enough, or what others are doing.

Reactions: Will Squared
I finally noticed my system had been upgraded to V002 R001. No idea when or how this occurred.
I am still struggling with how to determine if bluetooth is connected, if wifi is connected, or possibly if both are connected? Are there any control panel or app symbols which indicate these are active?
I understand you need both but its unclear as to which does what. If you can change the temp does this suggest both are functional?
Yes, symbols are standard bt and wifi icons to the right of grill name when app is running.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky