Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Has anyone attempted mating a micro thermocouple such as the ones used by Thermoworks to the MGFs?
I have a number of these and also prefer the slim shaft but don't know what type of thermocouple the MGFs use. I assume they are type "K" but you know what assume does to a guy...

I've seen a stainless steal insert for the bottom part of the charcoal hopper where the fire burns. Does anyone have a link to where I can get one? I want to go ahead put it in when assemble the grill whenever I decide to get one

Reactions: Will Squared
I've seen a stainless steal insert for the bottom part of the charcoal hopper where the fire burns. Does anyone have a link to where I can get one? I want to go ahead put it in when assemble the grill whenever I decide to get one
There are issues with those inserts warping allowing moisture in between new insert and old plates. Due your due diligence before modding..just saying

There are issues with those inserts warping allowing moisture in between new insert and old plates. Due your due diligence before modding..just saying
Good to know I hadn't heard about that. I've been holding off buying one to get the insert 1st but that makes the decision easier for me to pull the trigger on one. I have gone back and forth between the 560 which is big enough to do all I will ever need and the 1050. Basically the porcilin lined pit and the shelf are the only things making me want to bigger grill so I'm thinking for 300 extra its not really worth it to me to go with the bigger grill I can can do all I want 560. If I ever need to smoke more than 4 butts I still have my old 6 rack box smoker that works just fine.

Right when you plug it in the display says 560 (or I'm assuming 1050) then the software version (mine is v001) then the release (mine is R015).

Thanks Bftu. Has yours updated to the new release announced last week (I believe)?

Those of you with this new release, any noticed improvements?

Thanks Bftu. Has yours updated to the new release announced last week (I believe)?

Those of you with this new release, any noticed improvements?

Mine updated when I got it at the beginning of May and hasn't updated since.

Where did you see an announcement of a new release?

Where is this announcement? I just assembled mine on Thursday and I’m on V002 R001 (1050).

Yesterday I installed a firebox insert made by Nathan Kloter. It completely replaces the factory plates with 12 gauge stainless steel and using the stock insulation. 80 bucks and included everything to complete the installation, including a strip of lavalock. These are the stock plates from my 1050 that I just bought in April about a month ago. One was completely burned through.
2020-05-24 11.24.03.jpg

The firmware update I was talking about is shown on their website. It is listed as V002R001 released on 5/20/20. This may be old news. I was assuming it was new because of the stated release date.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky