Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I ran into this situation.
I bought a set of probes from Walmart and when I brought them home realized that they were too small. Probes come in two sizes of jacks. The 560 jack is the large one. I have several temp units and they all use the small probe.

Reactions: negolien
I apologize if this has been talked about already, but I'm wondering if 3rd party temp probes work with the MBGF?

I have a 1050 on order and have other probes on hand. It'd be great if I didn't have to purchase more $20 probes.

Don't waste your time. I went through 3 different brands from Amazon when I got my 560 in January, plus the Thermoworks probes I already had. They're proprietary in some manner, whether the polarity is reversed or something else.

Maybe I missed this earlier in this thread. How about doing pizza on this grill? Using a pizza stone? (how well does that clean up?) Metal/perforated pizza pan?
It'll be at least a week till my unit ships. Can't hardly wait.

Reactions: Will Squared
That's unfortunate. Comments on their website makes it sound like they're fragile too.

I have not had issue YET...But I have fried some thermo's from the s8 I have trying to keep a separate grill temp probe LOL. No big really I ain't paying 20+ bucks for 2 probes from MB so I' am good ftm. If they were cheaper i would snap some up though

When I took the 560 up to sear temps the stand alone temp gauge maxed out whereas the Masterbuilt
Maybe I missed this earlier in this thread. How about doing pizza on this grill? Using a pizza stone? (how well does that clean up?) Metal/perforated pizza pan?
This is what I have in my Wish List...

I have not had issue YET...But I have fried some thermo's from the s8 I have trying to keep a separate grill temp probe LOL. No big really I ain't paying 20+ bucks for 2 probes from MB so I' am good ftm. If they were cheaper i would snap some up though

I just use multiple standalone temp gauges that I already have.

Newbie here. Seriously wanting to replace my Weber kettle. In North Idaho it takes way to long for grilling recipes with my work schedule, and at fringe sessions can be difficult to hold smoking temps. A couple questions I haven't seen answered. For a lot of my pork smoked recipes I used Apple or pecan chips. How do you use chunks in this model? Dry, soaked, in the hopper?
Any recommended brands of lump hardwood. Cowboy is really available here, but beyond that choices are limited. I am not adverse to Web orders for quality products. Anyone using briquettes as a preference and if so why?

Great pizza but honestly I also have great pizza on the Weber Kettle. Here is my recent MB 560 Pizza

IMG_2543.jpg
IMG_2548.jpg

Newbie here. Seriously wanting to replace my Weber kettle. In North Idaho it takes way to long for grilling recipes with my work schedule, and at fringe sessions can be difficult to hold smoking temps. A couple questions I haven't seen answered. For a lot of my pork smoked recipes I used Apple or pecan chips. How do you use chunks in this model? Dry, soaked, in the hopper?
Any recommended brands of lump hardwood. Cowboy is really available here, but beyond that choices are limited. I am not adverse to Web orders for quality products. Anyone using briquettes as a preference and if so why?

Chunks non soaked in ash pan. U can use a tube with pellets or soaked chips in the grilling area if u feel u need more smoke. Charcoal is whatever ur comfortable with Safeway and Walmart have ok stuff. Cowboys is ok if u got it. I wouldn't order online to expensive for shipping imho.

never use soaked wood, your not doing your self any good putting wet wood on, it produces white smoke folks hate lol , it just slows down the smoke production

For the people that have this, would you recommend this or another option for the same price point? Read through this thread and it seems like people are relatively happy with these if it’s not damaged in shipping.

For the people that have this, would you recommend this or another option for the same price point? Read through this thread and it seems like people are relatively happy with these if it’s not damaged in shipping.

My wife and I started researching smokers in December. We had gotten a lot of Salmon and were curious. Everyone we talked to said Kraeger, Kraeger., Kraeger, so I started there.
Reviews said that some folks were having trouble with the screw motors, there could be jamming, and problems with the controllers.
So I looked at 'Best Reviews'.
The Gravity560 had some high ratings so I looked at it. It seemed simple enough... not a lot of moving parts to go hay wire.
I was at our Walmart and saw one in a box. Told my wife when I got home and we decided to go get it.
I was putting it together and found that it was missing the gasket that goes next to the fire box !
I got on the phone and contacted an Associate at Masterbuilt.
I was impressed with the service, they got it in the mail that day ! The people at Masterbuilt are good folks. If anything went wrong they would be right on it.
The 560 is a game changer.
They brought smokers up to a new level.

Get the 560 or the 1060 and you will not regret it.

My $.02.

My wife and I started researching smokers in December. We had gotten a lot of Salmon and were curious. Everyone we talked to said Kraeger, Kraeger., Kraeger, so I started there.
Reviews said that some folks were having trouble with the screw motors, there could be jamming, and problems with the controllers.
So I looked at 'Best Reviews'.
The Gravity560 had some high ratings so I looked at it. It seemed simple enough... not a lot of moving parts to go hay wire.
I was at our Walmart and saw one in a box. Told my wife when I got home and we decided to go get it.
I was putting it together and found that it was missing the gasket that goes next to the fire box !
I got on the phone and contacted an Associate at Masterbuilt.
I was impressed with the service, they got it in the mail that day ! The people at Masterbuilt are good folks. If anything went wrong they would be right on it.
The 560 is a game changer.
They brought smokers up to a new level.

Get the 560 or the 1060 and you will not regret it.

My $.02.

Good to hear. Thanks for the info.

Guys I frequent several sights in the effort to learn, I snatched a picture that is ugly and I will hold off on the 560. I will post it and you can blow it up, rotted/burned out on 2-3 sides at the bottom of the feed chute,
masterbuilt 560.jpg

Now that said, it looks like another grate has been added at the bottom to keep charcoal from falling thru before its burned up,might that have allowed too much heat in that area? I suspect most of the pit builders could answer that and probably say metal is too thin in this area to last very long when grilling with high temps. I don't like the chances either way .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky