• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Masterbuilt 40" electric smoker control panel replacement

Firemedic911

Joined Nov 21, 2020
I have a Masterbuilt 40" electric smoker (model# 20072612). I restored it from father in laws backyard. I gave it some attention (replaced the element and a few cosmetics) and was able to smoke a rack of ribs on it. After that, the control panel quit working. It was missing the button covers already (see pics). I have tried to find a replacement for the control panel and have struck out all together. Not sure if masterbuilt is just not making it anymore amd if that means this smoker i have is obselete. Im really hoping not. Do any of you smoking veterams have Amy suggestions or advice? Im willing to pay for one if I can find one. Would like to get back to smoking some stuff soon.

Attachments

Braz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 25, 2017
Sounds like a great time to switch to a pid, check out tallbm's post on them
What he said. $150 or so for an Auber PID controller and a simple rewiring job and you will have a smoker better than the original ever was.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2018
Exactly. I switched last year and haven't looked back. Made it into an entirely better smoker. Upped my smoking game tremendously.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.