Master Built 230 digital- heat issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PAS

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 7, 2018
N.E. OHIO
I bought this in 2018 and only used it about 25 times with no issue until yesterday. Had a small pork tenderloin going fine at 225 deg. using hickory dust in my ANMPS tray. I had my Therm Pro plugged in and when the meat probe hit 140 deg I noticed the temp started to drop and the red light not on. I still had power to the smoker and it was still on.
Took meat out.

I did a test by setting temp to 275 and had no problems getting there and the red light going off within a reasonable amount of time. I tried several more tests at different temps with no problems. BUT, I did notice if once the red light went out and I increased the temp another 10-15 deg there was about a 20 second lag before the element and light came back on.

I removed the access covers and the wires and connectors to the element and thermal switch are fine. Any ideas?
I'm not in a position to go the Auber route at this time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky