marinated tuna stakes

Discussion in 'Fish' started by btnune, Dec 30, 2014.

1. How long and what temp should I smoke them at, cant get a good answer so I'am came to the experts

2. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

3. tropics

You are set that is what I have, just be sure to have 2 good probes 1 for the CC the other for the fish. Post some pics when it is done.

4. How long what temp

5. tropics

I was trying for 180* F it did get to 192 for a few minutes. Cooking time depends on how thick they are. The Bellies were some where around 2"s

It took five hrs.

6. welshrarebit

welshrarebit Master of the Pit

I cold smoked some shibi (small yellowfin or big eye) about a month ago. I did the 4x brown sugar- 1x kosher salt dry brine. I then lit up my amnts and smoked for three hours in my mini.

Last week at the fish market we had a 180 lb big eye come in but because it was Xmas eve and I had to work that night I didn't grab the belly off of it.

7. I'am going with 1 hour in moker at 225 then finsh in oven, I'll let uou know how it works. Hear are picks before and after

8. Sorry that was after only

9. Worked pretty well got a little dry, not much be smoke flavor, but it might have been doomed from the start, found in freezer, which is why I decided to smoke help kill any bacteriera.

10. tropics

If I knew you had to do it today I would have recommended Grilling it.Glad you didn't loose it