marinated tuna stakes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You are set that is what I have, just be sure to have 2 good probes 1 for the CC the other for the fish. Post some pics when it is done.

I was trying for 180* F it did get to 192 for a few minutes. Cooking time depends on how thick they are. The Bellies were some where around 2"s

It took five hrs.

I cold smoked some shibi (small yellowfin or big eye) about a month ago. I did the 4x brown sugar- 1x kosher salt dry brine. I then lit up my amnts and smoked for three hours in my mini.

Last week at the fish market we had a 180 lb big eye come in but because it was Xmas eve and I had to work that night I didn't grab the belly off of it.

Worked pretty well got a little dry, not much be smoke flavor, but it might have been doomed from the start, found in freezer, which is why I decided to smoke help kill any bacteriera.

If I knew you had to do it today I would have recommended Grilling it.Glad you didn't loose it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky