Marinated Portobellos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Smokers,
Last week, I purchased a copy of Dr. BBQ's Big Time Barbecue Cookbook by Ray Lampe. I can't get over all the really great advise and recipes he has incorporporated into his book .... I love it!!!!!!!

However, I've got to tell you about one of the recipes that I used tonight. It's the recipe for Marinated Portobellos on page 245. Very simply, it calls for the marinade of portobellos in Italian Dressing (also provides recipe for the dressing). Then put them on the grill, gill side down, for five minutes. Turn them over and put about an ounce of blue cheese on the gill side. When it has melted, take them up and serve them.

I've got tell you, I was smoking a butt today and while it was finishing up in the smoker, I did the portobellos on the grill. The crowd went crazy over the appetizer. They later enjoyed the pulled pork sandwiches but I have recieved a load of compiments on the Marinated Portobellos ...... thanks Dr. BBQ. I highly recommend the portobello recipe.

Bill Smith

Bill, I bought some Portobellos today, tomorrow I'm going to grill a couple up (over hickory smoke), add some blue cheese and tuck 'em into a hamberger bun and bring 'em to work for lunch/dinner.

Dutch,
Your'e in for yet another real treat. It just keeps on coming. We really are so fortunate to have such food. Too bad you probably won't be in a position to enjoy a really cold brewski with it.... or a nice chilled chardonnay.

Bill

Well Bill, I don't drink anyway so have a couple for me, will ya? 'Sides, alcoholic drinks and duty weapons don't quite go together!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky