Marinate, smoke, & Sous vide DINOS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What a great gift and absolutely epic cook! I can only imagine how amazing that tasted! The pictures are incredible and that sliced shot needs too be framed! I can easily see how that would be the best thing you've ever had. Great write up and work!

Reactions: SmokinAl
I lucked out & got another pack of Dino’s from you know who!
The last ones I got were fantastic, but I wanted to try something different this time.
Here is the rack.

View attachment 661018

I mixed up a marinade with the usual players.

View attachment 661019

Then into vacuum marinators I had to cut the rack in half to get them to fit.

View attachment 661020
View attachment 661021

After 24 hours in the fridge, out of the marinade, a quick rinse & pat dry.

View attachment 661022

I only used CBP & Canadian steak seasoning.

View attachment 661023
View attachment 661024

Here is how they looked after 4 hours at 180 degrees.

View attachment 661025

It took 6 hours to get to an IT of 150. This is where the fun begins. I have been making pastrami using this method for several years. I pull it out of the smoker at 150. Great color!

View attachment 661026

Now into a vac bag. I just pulsed the machine to get the air out, but was afraid if I used too much vacuum, maybe one of the bones would poke a hole in the bag.

View attachment 661027
View attachment 661028

Here they are after 24 hours at 155 degrees.

View attachment 661029

And of course the sliced shot!

View attachment 661030

Dinner is served!

View attachment 661031

I hate to use the words “This was the best I have ever had”, but in this case it was. The time in the SV, completely changed the texture of the meat. Instead of just pulling apart, it cut like a tenderloin, with the flavor of a ribeye. I’m really having a hard time describing the flavor & texture. You guys are just gonna have to give this a try and find out for yourselves. This was one of the best meals I have had in a while. Thanks for looking folks!
Al
You are a lucky man!

Reactions: SmokinAl
What a great gift and absolutely epic cook! I can only imagine how amazing that tasted! The pictures are incredible and that sliced shot needs too be framed! I can easily see how that would be the best thing you've ever had. Great write up and work!

Thanks Jed!
Appreciate the kind words!
Al

Nice Al.
Some fine looking ribs right there.
That sliced shot is money!
Dinner on the patio, looking good to me.

Thanks John!
Wish you were here to sit on the patio with us!
Al
Interesting cook, the result look great, nice job Al!

Dave

You are a lucky man!

Amazing looking meal. And a great write up Al!

looks great

Well Al, you've gone and done it again!! Those look superb!!

Thanks a lot guys!
Appreciate it!
Al

Reactions: Flatrate
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky