Maple Flavor Breakfast Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good!

Breakfast sausage is so good, we always have some on hand in the freezer.

It's great for fatties too.

Al

Shawn I bought a flavor pack from AC Legg I do believe they have a Mild one. It took a couple days to find some "fat back" to add to my pork shoulder. While most recipes call for you to add fat to your mixer I'm not sure I needed to. The reason I used a flavor pack it was simple but next time will probably use natural flavors and spices. Couple recipes can be found on here and I watched couple YT videos on the whole process. Had some this AM and it was good! Good luck

As far as adding fat back I just go to my local butcher and ask for some back fat off a butchered hog. I make a lot of burgers out of pork loin and I add back fat to it to add more fat.

Shawn sure looks good! My next attempt will making Brats from meat left over from pork shoulder. Couple guys to follow on here is Al and Bear both very helpful and Bear has a lot of how to's with step by step. I have used his step by step for Canadian Bacon very helpful.

Reactions: shawnthomas
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky