• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Maple Flavor Breakfast Sausage

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks good!

Breakfast sausage is so good, we always have some on hand in the freezer.

It's great for fatties too.

Al

shawnthomas

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 20, 2016
Would you share your reciepe? And anything you would change about it. Just starting to make some sausage myself and am all ears. We like mild sausages

sgriff49

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 19, 2016
Shawn I bought a flavor pack from AC Legg I do believe they have a Mild one. It took a couple days to find some "fat back" to add to my pork shoulder. While most recipes call for you to add fat to your mixer I'm not sure I needed to. The reason I used a flavor pack it was simple but next time will probably use natural flavors and spices. Couple recipes can be found on here and I watched couple YT videos on the whole process. Had some this AM and it was good! Good luck

shawnthomas

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 20, 2016

Pretty much salt, pepper, brown sugar, Lil bit of liquid smoke, and maple syrup.

It resting in fridge, hope it turns out ok...I figure start with the basics first then add stuff to it.

Last edited:

shawnthomas

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 20, 2016
As far as adding fat back I just go to my local butcher and ask for some back fat off a butchered hog. I make a lot of burgers out of pork loin and I add back fat to it to add more fat.

sgriff49

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 19, 2016
Shawn sure looks good! My next attempt will making Brats from meat left over from pork shoulder. Couple guys to follow on here is Al and Bear both very helpful and Bear has a lot of how to's with step by step. I have used his step by step for Canadian Bacon very helpful.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.