Mama Bear’s Mother’s Day Present

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Mama Bear’s Mother’s Day Present

We were way overdue for new carpet in the Living Room, and Mrs Bear kept complaining about it over the Winter.
I managed to push it off until Spring, so the doors aren’t open too long when it’s Freaking Cold Out !!

So finally we had to get it done, and since it was so close to Mother’s Day, I took advantage, & called it Her Mother’s Day Present!!
So we moved all the small stuff the day before, and I unloaded my Gun Cabinet & moved all my Rifles & Shotguns to the Bed in the Spare Room. Then Bear Jr & a Buddy of his moved all the Big stuff into the Kitchen & Dining Room, before the Carpet guys got here.

Once everything is out of the room, you can really see how bad the old carpet is, because you can see how nice it is where the furniture was.

They Ripped out the old Carpet, and installed the New Carpet in the Hallway & Living Room.
It took them from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM, and they were out of here!

You might find some of the Pics interesting,

Bear

That Corner Gun Cabinet was the first cabinet I built, after I set up my shop, before I started my own Cabinetmaking Business, about 30 years ago.
I knew if my equipment functioned good enough to build a Tall Corner Cabinet, it was ready to go.
Note: "Lazy Bear" took up residence on top of my Gun Cabinet:
IMG_3417.jpg

So I had to empty this cabinet & move my Rifles & Shotguns to a safe place:
IMG_3418.jpg

The Bed in the Spare Room seemed to be the safest place for them:
IMG_3489.jpg

Lazy Bear got to sleep in the Kitchen for one night.
I made over 100 Kitchens. This was the last one I made in my shop:
IMG_3500.jpg

Once all the furniture was off of it, you could really see how bad the old Carpet was:
IMG_3499.jpg

That looks a lot better---Mrs Bear is a Happy Bear:
IMG_3502.jpg

Here's one shot of the View above my Living Room.
Those steps keep me from using my "iMac27".
I just don't do steps very good since Nov 8, 2012. I've only been up there about 6 times since:
IMG_3503.jpg

Last edited:
Now you have to wipe your feet .
I see 2 Kreig rifles , but can't figure out 3rd from left . Looks like an M48 maybe ? Yugo Mauser .

Now you have to wipe your feet .
I see 2 Kreig rifles , but can't figure out 3rd from left . Looks like an M48 maybe ? Yugo Mauser .

Pictured Left to Right:
First one was my Dad's 3040 Krag---I refinished it when I was in 10th grade (Cabinet Shop).
Second one was My Dad's Brother's 3040 Krag, (Sporterized Stock). My Dad kept it for parts, after his Brother died.
Third one is a 7 MM Mauser (Bear Jr's first Deer Rifle I bought him)
Fourth is a Double Barrel 12 gage.
Fifth is My Deer Rifle---Winchester Model 88 lever action .308.
Sixth is a 20 Gage Single Barrel hammer shotgun.
Seventh is a Savage .22 Cal, Bear Jr bought me for Christmas 2 years ago for the Groundhogs around here.
8th is my first real gun, my Dad bought me when I was 15---Savage 24DL Over & Under 20 gage/.22 LR.
9th is a Crossman BB gun I bought to shoot Carpenter Bees, before I made my Carpenter Bee Traps.
10th is the Crossman I bought Bear Jr when he was 5 years old. Doesn't hold air any more, so I keep it for parts.

BTW: My Dad & his Brother each bought their 3040 Krags when they got out of the Army, after WW2. Paid $10 each. My Dad shot over 100 Deer with his.

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: sigmo and cooker613
Nice . That $10 investment un-touched is listing for over 2k .
I like that high ceiling , loft floor plan . Not much work for a Drywall man in there .

bear, I love the wood work in the den beautiful. now you can smoke more now that mrs. bear is satisfied. we put carpet in last fall it's quite a pain moving everything but that's what the mrs. wanted so guess what, that's what she got

That double barrel 12 gage looks like a L C Smith, I had one a while back and loved that gun,nice and light.

Nice mothers day present bear. It looks great.

Chris

Nice new carpet, Bear!

Your house looks eerily similar to the log cabin I grew up in. It was an A frame with big windows and the loft.

Did you build it yourself?

bear, I love the wood work in the den beautiful. now you can smoke more now that mrs. bear is satisfied. we put carpet in last fall it's quite a pain moving everything but that's what the mrs. wanted so guess what, that's what she got

Thank You Jim!!
Yeah, I never minded moving stuff when I could do it myself, but I hate to have to rely on others.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky