Mama Bear’s Mother’s Day Present

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice new carpet, Bear!

Your house looks eerily similar to the log cabin I grew up in. It was an A frame with big windows and the loft.

Did you build it yourself?

Thank You Xray!!
I always loved "A-Frames", but this one is more like what I would call a "Chalet".
Mrs Bear always wanted a Log Home, but #1 We couldn't afford one, and #2 I wasn't needing the exterior maintenance.
I was already beyond my physical ability to take on the whole job, but I spent about all day, every day, overseeing the whole thing, and helped with most of the woodworking. I personally cut all of the T & G cathedral ceiling boards above the main room (in the last picture).

We do Love It.

Bear

I agree with all the others, that was a nice Mother’s Day gift! And you have a beautiful house! I love all the woodwork!

Thank You Justin!!
LOL----You have to love woodwork to live in a house like this.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky