Making up a bit of Rub!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Hello all,
Thought I would share an idea my wife had. She suggested this year to make up some of my BBQ Rub for co-workers, friends, and family and give as gifts.
So here we go!

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

First 7 of 48 jars!

IMG_0264.jpg

With a label

Back to filling jars!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Reactions: browneyesvictim
Both look great, but to me the Chili Lime looks a slightly bit better. Great job!!

Nice!A little ribbon tied around the necks and SHAZAM!

Haha.. Good idea..
Nice of you to do that for people. Now they don't have to worry about making some rub. You already got it covered for them.View attachment 348117

Cool idea!
Al

Thanks Everyone! The co-workers loved them!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Brilliant! And here I thought I had it all figured out giving away smoked salts and paprika!
Goodonya!

I'm going to do the same thing along with some homemade hots, sausages, ham, etc. Jars are supposed to be delivered today. Everyone looks forward to Christmas food gifts.
Great idea, maybe next year I will add Summer Sausage and Jerky to the gift set!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Great idea Jason. I don't know anybody that wouldn't appreciate a gift like that.
Gary
Gary,
Well, it dawned on me after reading your comment that one of my co-workers is a vegetarian... So she may not appreciate it. Maybe my rub is good on Tofu???? LOL!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Looks Great, Mr. Miller!

I make my own rub, too.
I just shake in this, and I shake in that, taste. Shake in some of that, and a bit of that over there, and taste.
Then I put it in an old spice shaker jar, and I shake the hell out of it.
It has an Oniony, garlicy, peppery, spicey, goodness with a little afterburn of cyan and smoked paprika.
But basically, done to taste and eyeball.

But it looks like this before shaking:
20171220_113232[1].jpg

And the recipe is....?:D

Sure, I'd like to know as well.

Since this forum is about sharing, Here is my rub recipe I used for the gifts.

Millertime Rub #7 (Pork / Chicken Rub)
2 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Paprika (Not Smoked)
5 1/2 TBS Ground Black Pepper (Course)
5 TBS Granulated Garlic
4 TBS Onion Powder
3 TBS Cumin
3 Tsp Chili Powder
2 TBS Kosher Salt
2 TBS Celery Salt
2 TBS Honey Powder
2 Tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper (you can increase for more heat)

Since I have a 6 Year old and a wife that do not like their food super spicy, I don't have a lot of heat. You can increase the Cayenne Pepper and I have also added ground Chipotle Pepper as well.

Enjoy,

Smoke ON!

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky