Making Italian Sausage with Checkered Past's Seasonings.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beer-b-q

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 1, 2007
A while back a Friend on another forum Darrell (Checkered Past) sent me some of his Italian Sausage Seasoning to test.

Well we finally got around to making some of it and it Looks & Smells GREAT...

We fried some of it up to test it and the taste is unbelievable...

I believe he has a hit with this, It seems to have the perfect belend of spices, no spice overpowers the other. I highly recommend his seasoning.

Here are a few pictures of the process.

5# Ground Pork

1450cc94_DSCI0359.jpg

5# Ground Pork, 2Tbs per # Spices & 3 Tbs Ice Water per #
565a36c5_DSCI0360.jpg

Mixing In the Meat Mixer
f40f188c_DSCI0362.jpg

70865ce5_DSCI0364.jpg

e3a6a03a_DSCI0366.jpg

The Grizzly Stuffer

6dd4c41c_DSCI0370.jpg

Starting to Stuff

58aea5f4_DSCI0368.jpg

Stuffed
e387345b_DSCI0369.jpg

Linked
11b296f2_DSCI0371.jpg

Close up of Links
52a38e99_DSCI0372.jpg

looks great Paul.......................love them sausages.........is it Sweet or hot Italian?

Great looking sausage, Paul.  I see a big pot of spaghetti sauce coming up.
Looks-Great.gif

Those look great Paul. I got some of it to test also and was hoping to get to it next weekend. Based on your mild comment I may add some red pepper flakes to kick it up a notch

Those look great Paul! I've got a recipe for hot Italian sausage that I've been wanting to try. Seeing yours makes me want to do it today. Great job, great Q-view!

Thanks everyone for the fine compliments...  This is some really good stuff...

sausage.gif
     Those look huge
The only small casings I had was some 35-38 Collagen for Polish Sausage or 21mm for snack sticks...  They are pretty big but had to use what I had available.

Those look great Paul. I got some of it to test also and was hoping to get to it next weekend. Based on your mild comment I may add some red pepper flakes to kick it up a notch
Make sure you got the mild  before adding too much,  I think he sent out both hot and mild.  The sticker should say.

Those look great Paul! I've got a recipe for hot Italian sausage that I've been wanting to try. Seeing yours makes me want to do it today. Great job, great Q-view!
Let us know how they turn out and hopefully share the recipe..

Nice sausages.

Do you find that the mixer if not full just rolls 5 lbs around in the middle of the paddles?

Nice looking sausage, Paul!!!!

Don't forget my close-ups of some cooked slices.

That's the only way my eyes can get an accurate taste!

Bear

Nice sausages.

Do you find that the mixer if not full just rolls 5 lbs around in the middle of the paddles?
With only 5# in it you have to back up ever so often to get it redistributed...

It works a lot better with about 10+ in it.

Nice looking sausage hope the taste is good for you. I always like to mix mine by hand because I do not make very much at one time..

Good Looking Sausage Paul!!

I make up 25# batches and package in 1# bags

Finally got my recipe "Tweaked" the way we like it.

Todd

Great looking Italian sausage..I love them simmered in a Italian tomato sauce with a ton of bell peppers and hot peppers sauteed in the sauce. Served on a fresh hoagie bun. I sure could go for one after seeing those beauties. 
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky