Making Beef Jerky on the WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm making this jerky this weekend! Stupid question: does it matter what kind of teriyaki sauce you use? The stuff I have is pretty thick (Americanized).

Awesome thanks! This is the 1st recipe I saw that uses instant cure. I'm pretty pumped, just got it in the fridge and I'll smoke it early Saturday. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

I haven't done slabs of meat yet; just been doing snack sticks. Might have to take my shot at real jerky. I love tender jerky...

Should be able to do this on my MES pretty easy! Time to watch out for good beef prices!

Made 3 lbs from a London broil on my 18 in wsm. Came out AMAZING! Thanks for posting this recipe and setup. It's not easy to keep it that low, but I hardly had trouble keeping between 165 and 180 was the highest temp.

Attachments

• 15291820706691254681789479711950.jpg
    15291820706691254681789479711950.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 39
I've been doing jerky on the Weber for a long time. I make a long thin snake of charcoal to keep the temperatures down. It's best to do it in the winter or fall summer times too hot. I use long bamboo and cut it the size when I'm putting it on through the grading quarter inch thick it falls right through pretty much takes like 2 minutes. I use every other spacing and then the next one I switch and then back again you get on twice as much in the smoker. I don't even use wood just charcoal for the flavor 2 hours in a smoker and then I throw it an Xcalibur for 4 hours. I always try to stay under 140 or under in the smoker but in the dehydrator 125. I do use cure I'm a big fan of Uncle Abe's. I see a lot of people cooking their jerky not drying their jerky.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky