Made David's Potato Crusted Sausages (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm happy they tasted great, but that's exactly what I thought was going to happen when DRKsmoking DRKsmoking posted it originally. I was pleasantly surprised. For me, I would have to leave the butter out of the potatoes.

I like your idea of single sausage. When you figure out the potatoes, I'll give it a try.
I was curious when DRKsmoking DRKsmoking originally posted this how the taters were gonna come out. his looked pretty darned good. Mine were just too soft. they seemed pretty firm just for mashed potatoes but apparently not firm enough for this application.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Love the gravy idea and the extra cheese inside

All in all , glad you thought it was worthy of making your own version
They were outstanding David!! A really cool and creative dish you showcased. I guess I'm just pig-headed where mashed potatoes and gravy are concerned though. They go together like PB&J...ya just gotta have gravy.
And again my next ones will be single like yours , and will have gravy for dipping. lol
I'd think that the singles would be a lot easier to form up and of course they will cook quicker. With just 2 of us though, I didn't see the need for 3 sausages and if one was enough for dinner, I'd have another for the next day :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
You did David proud Robert. They may have fallen apart, but they still look outstanding.
Thanks so much Chris.. They were a bit difficult to handle at the end and it was a struggle maintaining some sort of cohesion, but they came out well. Next time will be perfection....I hope :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Nice cook Robert! Kudos for swinging, if your not swinging you never hit anything! Either way it looked tasty!
Thank you sir!! I agree 100% with your assessment. If you never try, you'll never succeed.
I'm not going to confirm or deny consuming glasses full of gravy!!!!
I plead the 5th....

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
What a minute. I missed the thread where Robert said he was a swinger. Or is that an SMF sub-forum that's only available to paid members?
That's correct. you also need the private password and the secret decoder ring. Be afraid though....be very afraid :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Holy smokes.....note to self proof read what you type when responding while on a zoom call looking like you are working
Don't worry about it. Things like that just add to the fun and gmc2003 gmc2003 picked up on it and made for a good chuckle. Just be careful not to get caught "pretending" to be working :emoji_wink:

Robert

I guess I'm just pig-headed where mashed potatoes and gravy are concerned though. They go together like PB&J...ya just gotta have gravy.
I'm with you on that Robert , at least 99% of any of my mashed potatoes will have gravy,
Just thought a cheese sauce was in order.

But you know me, I even put gravy inside my mashed cooked potatoes if I can lol
14.JPG
18.JPG . DSC_3312.JPG

David

• Love
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Don't worry about it. Things like that just add to the fun and gmc2003 gmc2003 picked up on it and made for a good chuckle. Just be careful not to get caught "pretending" to be working :emoji_wink:

Robert
Also don't get caught pulling a Toobin on your Zoom meeting. LOL

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: civilsmoker
Thanks so much Chris.. They were a bit difficult to handle at the end and it was a struggle maintaining some sort of cohesion, but they came out well. Next time will be perfection....I hope :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Totally understand Robert. I had that same issue with my last salmon smoke. It still tasted great.

Chris

That's just awesome! This definitely has to go on the needs to be done soon list! Hope I remember to put a sausage in it!
Thanks Ryan, but ya just can't forget the sausage. That would kinda defeat the purpose. I guess you could use steak though. That'd probably work out really well. Just something to consider....

Robert

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Probably not something I'd take the time to do, that's a lot of work. But I'd sit down to that plate in a hot second, love the gravy add too!
Thanks Ray. these did take a few minutes, and quite a few dishes to wash, but it was fun putting them together. Please remember though my friend: my original plan was to use a cheddar cream sauce on top but your recommendation of gravy was just too tantalizing to pass up :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks like a winner to me Robert! I bet that sausage is tasty.
Very much appreciate it Jeff. That sausage is outstanding!! We like to eat it just lightly grilled, sliced, and dropped on a plate with some sides and a little sauce for dunking. Makes a tasty but quick meal.

Robert

Very nice adaptation of David's cook! And I don't see a damn thing wrong with that plate! Pass a fork and a knife!
Thanks so much Keith. Although the taters cratered, the flavor was there so I was happy.

Robert

Very interesting, never seen these before.
Looks tasty and that's what counts.
Very much appreciate it my friend. I'd never even thought about it til David posted his. It just seemed like a really cool concept so I had to give it a run...with a couple of twists of course :emoji_wink: DRKsmoking DRKsmoking posted the link to his inspiring thread for you to look at one which came out correctly . Thank you for linking that in David.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky