Lumberjack Pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike49107

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Buchanan, MI
I have been reading quite a few posts where people are paying $1 or more per pound for pellets. It also seems that the Lumberjack pellets are fairly popular. I felt the need to pass this information along to those that may be looking for cheaper pellets.

"Rural King" and "Big R" has them for $8.99/20lb bag and $16.99/40lb bag, regular price. They can be purchased through their websites, just not sure what shipping charges would be. I have a few of both stores close by, but thought I would share the information.

Went to pu some the other day and only had cherry then every thing else was a blend,settled on Pecan ,decent flavor but low heat compared to hickory,need to find another source or stock up when they have it,noticed they had apple blend also and might try that next.Used a lot more of the pecan pellets when I bumped up out of smoke mode.

Had been using Pit Boss with "meh" results. Just picked up some LumberJack pellets at Big R for about the same price as the Pit Boss. Going to start trying those hoping to get a much better "smoke" profile. Thanks for the heads up.

Had been using Pit Boss with "meh" results. Just picked up some LumberJack pellets at Big R for about the same price as the Pit Boss. Going to start trying those hoping to get a much better "smoke" profile. Thanks for the heads up.

Make sure you get the 100% hickory. Lumberjack makes a Hickory blend as well as the 100%.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky