Lumber Jack pellets at Dick's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2020
At the Shore
Dick's sells the Lumber Jack Pellets for 14.99 a bag, I asked if they price match the manager said the item has to have the same sku # as in the ad. I showed them the Rural King ad 8.99 and they honored it. The manager told the cashier that only a manager could give the discount because how much it was . So I grabbed the 3 bags, now I know I will be getting more there, and Tractor supply has Bear Mountain for 9.99 a bag too

My only local supply for Lumberjack pellets is Dick's and I refuse to shop there. I am running out of pellets and I really don't want to make another bulk order. Tractor Supply has Bear Mountain pellets locally for a good price, does anyone have any first had experience with them. I have read that are good quality but have never used them.

Last edited:
My only local supply for Lumberjack pellets is Dick's and I refuse to shop there. I am running out of pellets and I really don't want to make another bulk order. Tractor Supply has Green Mountain pellets locally for a good price, does anyone have any first had experience with them. I have read that are good quality but have never used them.
TS has bear mountain pellets for 9.99 a 20# bag. never used green mountain so I can't give advise on that brand.

Tractor Supply has Bear Mountain pellets locally for a good price, does anyone have any first had experience with them

They're a good pellet for what they are. They are primarily alder - 70% if I recall - with the balance of the flavorwood. Hard to compare to 100% flavorwood LJ.

Tractor Supply has Bear Mountain pellets locally for a good price, does anyone have any first had experience with them. I have read that are good quality but have never used them.
I picked up hickory and oak Bear Mountain last fall.
Used the oak in a pellet tube to smoke cured yellow fin tuna. Good flavor.

They're a good pellet for what they are. They are primarily alder - 70% if I recall - with the balance of the flavorwood. Hard to compare to 100% flavorwood LJ.
That's what I was afraid of, I don't want chemical flavored pellets.

I picked up hickory and oak Bear Mountain last fall.
Used the oak in a pellet tube to smoke cured yellow fin tuna. Good flavor.
Thanks, I think I am going to pass on the Bear Mt. pellets. I am going to try and order Lumberjack online from Rural King and see how it goes.

Thanks, I think I am going to pass on the Bear Mt. pellets. I am going to try and order Lumberjack online from Rural King and see how it goes.
I use bear mountain pellets. There are no chemicals in them. Flavor is great. I consider them high end pellets

Yeah, they are not chemically flavored. They are just a blend of base wood (alder) and flavor wood (the species of wood listed on the bag). Most bbq pellets are like this, with base wood of either oak or alder. No chemicals added.

They are a very good quality, reasonable priced pellet. If you're not looking for 100% flavor wood, they are a great choice.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention in my post that BM is an alder base.
The oak/alder was great for fish which needs a lighter smoke.

For basic fuel aka heat in the pellet pooper, I really want a neutral flavor. I'm currently using an equal blend of Maple, Hickory, and Cherry Lumberjack pellets because I got them on sale.
My next fuel is a bag from Sam's
I add my flavor with a smoke tube filled with pellets of choice.
Lumberjack will go on sale later this spring so I will stock up on my favorite pellets.

I forgot to mention in my post that BM is an alder base.
The oak/alder was great for fish which needs a lighter smoke.

For basic fuel aka heat in the pellet pooper, I really want a neutral flavor. I'm currently using an equal blend of Maple, Hickory, and Cherry Lumberjack pellets because I got them on sale.
My next fuel is a bag from Sam's
I add my flavor with a smoke tube filled with pellets of choice.
Lumberjack will go on sale later this spring so I will stock up on my favorite pellets.
The pellets from sam's are awesome. Very high quality. Smell the inside of the bag when you open rhem

Looks like my quest will continue. The shipping charges from Rural King make it a dead prospect.

Where are you located? You might consider a LJ bulk purchase from bbqpelletsonline. For me in NorCal, they costs about 40cents/lb including shipping.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky