Louisiana pellet grills

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MauleGuy

Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
I thought I would kick off a Louisiana Grills Pellet grill thread since the number of these grills are increasing in the market. I am pretty sure most things in the LG thread would also apply to Pit Boss, but thought we should have a separate thread to see if there are unique features or issues that can be addressed.

My pet peeve is temperature management in my LG 900 with the G3 controller. The size and sturdiness of construction are a bonus at the price point of this grill, especially at Costco.

Thoughts, ideas, complaints??

I have the Competition (also from Costco) that I love, but haven't had the temp issues you speak of (or any issues at all). I preheat mine at 450 for 45 mins to an hour before cooking and that might help.

My only complaint, and it is more of a wish really, is that I would like to be able to control the temp via WiFi. I use a Fireboard thermometer set up for getting and checking my temps though out a cook. It would be nice to be able to adjust the temp up or down as well.

I'll be interested in what others have to say.

I have Louisiana Grills Champion, had hard time maintaining temps in the main cooking chamber and the smoke box side since I purchased it, 4 years in and I started getting crazy temperature swings. Called support and they replaced my controller with a G4. Man this smoker has never worked this good and now consumes a lot less pellets than it used too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky