Lot of gall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
As a lot of you know, I was born and raised in the Saskatchewan prairies. Out there, about the only flower that's guaranteed to grow and thrive in most any type of weather, from the snows of real early Spring til Winter freezes, is the humble Petunia. So, naturally, that's what I grow in 3 of my flower boxes here in the Foothills of Alberta.
We've got 4 White tail deer that show up at our place every day and mow the lawn for me. This morning, when I looked out the back door, 3 of them were quietly doing their job, but the 4th was really doing her best to piss me off. The bugger was standing inside one of my flower boxes--eating my Petunias!!
With me standing at the almost completely glass door, about 20 feet from her, she froze and quit eating and just stared at me for about a minute. Then she just casually returned to munching the flowers off the few Petunias that have survived a week of freezing weather.
Talk about gall!!
Oh well. I'm gonna get the last laugh--deer season opens soon. LOL.

Deer 1.jpg

Deer 2.jpg

Gonna enjoy that back strap. Maybe the Petunias will add a new flavor profile. :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:
Gary

Haha, wow! Way better than the raccoons that attack my trash cans and Foxes that sniff around my smoker!

Are you going to shoot the deer from your door Gary or make it out to the yard first?

1666723100639.gif

1666723166797.gif

Would be a pretty short hunt! Thanks for sharing!

Ryan

Happy hunting, Make sure to open the glass door first though

LOL great pics and stories from both of y'all. Deer obviously arent worried with yall.
Jim

Haha, wow! Way better than the raccoons that attack my trash cans and Foxes that sniff around my smoker!

Are you going to shoot the deer from your door Gary or make it out to the yard first?
They don't seem to concerned about either of your hunting abilities. LOL

Chris

There's that guy that missed me last year .
All 4 deer are getting kinda used to me slowly opening the door to let the cat out--Roxy is a different matter though. I figure to stand inside and pop him. If I shoot that way, there's nobody's house to worry about for miles. It's really the only safe direction anymore. I figure that even a frail old man like me should be able to make that shot. :emoji_blush::emoji_blush:
Gary

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky