Looking to Buy First True Smoker... Input & Guidance Appreciated!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Update 2 - Success!

First cook went off without a hitch! I can see why the WSM has such a following. Did a Boston Butt. Hit and maintained 225 consistently throughout the cook. 12 hours later - bam! I had to add fuel in hour 8 but I think that had to do with humidity and simply going just a tad light on the briquettes when I filled her up initially.

My first true smoke in the books. Couple Pics attached. Pickiest eaters at the BBQ - my 6 year old included - cleaned their plates so efforts were well worth it. Thanks again for all the guidance and input, all.

Keep on smokin the good stuff!

Attachments

• 2191FAAB-CE96-4FC9-ADF0-595CC30B0BA8.jpeg
    2191FAAB-CE96-4FC9-ADF0-595CC30B0BA8.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 26
  • FED049AC-59DC-4BB5-BD71-B2DEF439F524.jpeg
    FED049AC-59DC-4BB5-BD71-B2DEF439F524.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: mike5051
Great to hear. I went through four or five smokers before i got my WSM. I have no desire to own another smoker. I love the ability to do overnight cooks without a worry in the world. You made a great choice!

I did upgrade the door on my 22 and added the hinge. Both worth the investment to me. My original door didnt fit well - the aftermarket works excellent!

Happy Smoking!

Great to hear. I went through four or five smokers before i got my WSM. I have no desire to own another smoker. I love the ability to do overnight cooks without a worry in the world. You made a great choice!

I did upgrade the door on my 22 and added the hinge. Both worth the investment to me. My original door didnt fit well - the aftermarket works excellent!

Happy Smoking!

Thanks! Agreed on the mods those are the ones I have been considering so glad to hear for someone who did them too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky