Looking for some Looooong 30+ hour smokes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My method for 30 hour smokes..

Step one: Plug in MES.
Step Two: Set Temperature and time.
Step Three: Put in lit AMNPS when at temp.
Step Four: Check back in 12 hours to refill AMNPS if needed and reset the timer.
Step Five: Success!

;)

Hi Tom, Thanks for the response. What are some things you typically smoke for 30 or more hours?

Hi Dave, I use a MES 30, mailbox mod and a tube smoker.
IMG_7242 (Small).jpg

A brisket I did with that setup recently :)
IMG_7288 (Small).jpg

I am pretty happy with my setup over all. That brisket was very tasty. I would just like to dial it in a bit more before I go for longer harder smokes. With my setup the way it is now 4-6 hours of smoke is about the max I can do before things start getting bitter.

I saw in Mr Ts post that he can smoke for hundreds of hours using his pan AMNPS and no mention of bitterness. I spent about 4 hours reading over the material found here on smoke particle size, getting a proper burn and how the smoke ring is formed.
https://amazingribs.com/more-techni...nce/mythbusting-smoke-ring-no-smoke-necessary

I can live without the smoke ring, but I can't help but feel like the overall quality of my smokes could still improve. I'm trying to decide if simply blowing yet another $30+ on a AMNPS is going to be helpful (a hand full of threads here seem to suggest maybe) or if I need to go bigger and make an external fire box of some kind so the smoke can be generated at the higher temperature suggested on the website I linked above.

Thanks Dave, I'm going to give the dust a try also. What would be the reason for elevating the pipe?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky